If you were EP of DAYS, who would you fire?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's gotta go. I'm sorry. I feel like Daniel Cosgrove plays the same character on each soap. Only soap I preferred him on was Guiding Light when he was Bill. And even then he use to frustrate me too. But yeah. He's gotta go. Hope needs a rugged man. Someone who looks like he'll rough her up. Like a Robert Newman. Or John Hensley. Or Grayson McCouch. Or James Hyde. Someone who'll put the roots on Hope and have his way with her.

• Members

Shawn Christian (Dr. Daniel Jonas) - the character is too far gone to ever be likable

Guy Wilson (Will Horton) - my superficial choice ... I just don't like his face.

Kassie DePaiva (Eve Donovan) - I don't like Eve being recast, especially not with an actress who is 12 years older than the character

Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) - Explanation unnecessary

True O'Brien (Paige Larson) - A snoozer. Our new Gabi, everyone

• Members

No, no serial killers, and no weather catastrophes/acts of God. People would just be written out as stories reached their appropriate conclusions. I mean, sure, of course, one or two might get killed off, depending on circumstances and whether such a twist might generate some buzz and juicier story lines. But again, it wouldn't be a wholesale dumping of characters and actors like that.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing a tornado. Of course, Days would probably use 3/4 of its budget and have to skimp the rest of the way until the new fiscal year started. But NO serial killer stories. The stalker story was dumb to begin with...

OK, I've got my list.

Daniel Cosgrove

Eileen Davidson (no going back and forth)

Kassie DePaiva (like the actress, though!)

Galen Gering

True O'Brien

James Read

Chrishell Stause

Robert Scott Wilson

Also: Greg Meng, Lisa DeCazotte out as producers. Ken Corday would become EP once again, with an in-studio producer to run the show (Ed Scott, anyone?). TomSell out as writers, Sheri Anderson or Lorraine Broderick in as HW.

Who would come back: (some of these would be recurring as needed)

Matt Ashford

Peter Reckell

Stephen Nichols

Thaao Penghlis

Charlotte Ross

Patsy Pease

Charles Shaughnessy

Wally Kurth

Mark Hapka

Lisa Trusel

Andrew Masset (Larry)

Michael Leon (Pete)

Joe Gallison (Neil)

The three on the bottom would come back for short stories I would have conceived. :)

• Members

No! Of course not. :lol: Just someone who'll sweat Hope's edge out and break her back occasionally. Someone who'll leave Hope in a cold sweat when they are done with her. :P

Daniel needs to be one of those that is killed off. Seriously. Head decapitated. All his organs donated. There needs to be no opening for him to return.

• Members

I'd get rid of Paige, Ben, Jordan, Rafe, Daniel, Melanie, John and I would try to get Wayne Northrup back as Roman. I'd just switch him out without any explanation on screen of a change tongue.png

I'd keep the addition of Chad coming on and I'd try to bring Tony back on. I'd try to bring Peter Reckell back even if for a short stint to give more closure to Bo/Hope though I'd rather he stay on. If he isn't inclined I'd cast a "known actor" to play opposite Hope in a new grand love story with a lot of build up like what used to be done in the old days instead of "hi" "hi" and then they wake up in the bed the next morning.

I'd try to get Billy Warlock back as he is the only person in Jennifer's orbit that ever made me able to watch her (though he's probably super short for Kassie DePaiva's Eve mad.gif )

I would get Greg Vaughan away from the "Priest image" because believe me when I look at him I am not at all thinking about being good. wub.png But I'm not sold on him and Nicole. I like Arianne but I'm rather tired of Nicole. I'd try to take her in a completely different direction and in other people's orbits or just slowly write her off.

I would attempt to bring in Jed Allan for a short stint to meet up with Maggie. Maybe Don isn't such a good guy anymore and Marlena tries to "warn" Maggie setting up some story for the three.

Archived