GH: William deVry and Nancy Lee Grahn TV Guide Interview

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/General-Hospital-Nancy-Lee-Grahn-William-DeVry-1084621.aspx?

Exclusive: General Hospital's Nancy Lee Grahn and William deVry Dish About Julexis

It all started in the backseat of a Chevy Camaro when they were kids over 30 years ago now they're so insanely popular they have their own army. TV Guide Magazine took General Hospital's William deVry and Nancy Lee Grahn to lunch and had them explain the soap-opera phenomenon that is "Julexis."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Insanely popular" laugh.png I love you Logan but, no. Carrie and Sanford Blatch on SATC generated more heat together.

I don't think the chemistry problem is so much WdV he has chem with his onscreen sister. (It's just whenever a shirtless twink wanders onset, you can see Julian's attention get diverted).

He had it with Eden Reigel on AMC (hate to say it, even though the SL ended in rape. And of course I can't stand her overrated ass) and with Heather Tom and KKL on B&B (again, his onscreen sisters). Honestly, the problem is more NLG who just doesn't have the magic chemistry touch she had back in the 1980s (I don't count her chemistry with Stephen Nichols on GH as that was ALL him).

• Members

I don't watch GH regularly anymore cause I just don't care to but I thought she had fabulous chemistry with Sebastian Roche and Ingo Rademacher (though Riche refused to go there).

I haven't seen enough of Julexis to comment on them but in fairness to Logan it is hard to ignore their fans very very vocal presence all over social media, lawd. I don't know what that means in terms of general popularity but those Julexis fans certainly make their presence known on Twitter, Facebook, etc (and yes I know WDV and NLG love and encourage the Julexis social media frenzy).

• Members

I am happy for Nancy, and despite my mocking of the very eccentric William deVry I do think the couple has a lot of chemistry and could really go somewhere. I am interested when they're on. I just wish the writing was there and it mostly isn't, especially in regards to Alexis's intellect or Julian's instant relationships with his children.

I do think Frank and Ron are reeling NLG in. I think in their eyes Julian is the tragic heavy and sooner or later he will buy it, regardless of any social media fanbase. And I do have to laugh at deVry still insisting Michael Cambias was a huge hit.

• Members

Again I need to actually watch this couple at some point but regardless a bait and switch would suck considering that is basically what Guza did with Jerry and Alexis. If Julexis has found some sort of audience/following pulling the rug out again just seems an unnecessary way to go (unless the character just does not work at all but I find it hard to believe he's any worse than half that bloated GH cast).

• Members

I'm thinking if any of the Jerome Sisters buy it, Ava is that person. The pregnancy all but destroyed her. Jillian has given up the mob and trying to be a law abiding liar so he and Alexis will have some angst when the truth comes out even though she needs to dump his coward ass.

Ava, on lock down at Scummy's awaiting her death? She will not be making it to 9 months. My guess is Fungus will handle that and perhaps Carly will get the blame. Ava is just not needed any longer. She once was the shiny new toy, 7 pets ago. Now, Ava's involvement with Scummy was her undoing. I'm not even sure why I'm calling her Ava when it's really Claudia all over again.

• Members

WdV has chemistry with something beside his own reflection in a mirror? IF HE DOES then i must be missing it. NLG is capable of great things but not to make Juju looks like he doesnt want to jump his on-screen's son bones whenever they interact.

I dont care about JuLexis i put up with it because it gives Alexis airtime but the real thing will always be with sebastien roché. Jerry/Alexis were worth talking about. Julexis is an embarassment for NLG's talent

Archived