What's The Worst Soap?

Vote For The Worst Soap On The Air  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Worst

• General Hospital
    • The Young & The Restless
    • Days of our Lives
    • The Bold & The Beautiful

I have to give it to Y&R based on how far that show has fallen in a comparatively short period of time compared to GH.

This makes sense to me. But I maintain GH because GH isn't even a soap anymore. It's really just an offensive piece of trash. YR is telling stories - just not very good ones. I really wanted to choose both BB and GH, but GH is devoid of heart and soul and been stripped down to nothing.

Had to vote for Days of Our Lives simply based on the fact that I stopped watching the show in 1987/88 (after ten years of viewership) because it was becoming garbage. And not the guilty pleasure type.

A few years later when The Jerry Springer Show came along, I realized Days in the late-80's was like Springer on it's trashiest and tackiest day.

This makes sense to me. But I maintain GH because GH isn't even a soap anymore. It's really just an offensive piece of trash. YR is telling stories - just not very good ones. I really wanted to choose both BB and GH, but GH is devoid of heart and soul and been stripped down to nothing.

And that also makes sense to me. What I have seen of GH is a bunch of scenes that don't tell a story at all...I particularly 'like' the Bobbie/Scottie/Lucy storyline that occurs 90% off camera.

But I find Y&R painful to endure because of what it has become.

The only soap that I don't think can be argued as being the worst is DAYS. It is the little engine that could.

Had to vote for Days of Our Lives simply based on the fact that I stopped watching the show in 1987/88 (after ten years of viewership) because it was becoming garbage. And not the guilty pleasure type.

A few years later when The Jerry Springer Show came along, I realized Days in the late-80's was like Springer on it's trashiest and tackiest day.

Seriously tho, have you seen Days in the past few weeks? I never thought I'd watch this show again, and now, I refuse to miss it. It's the only soap I can stand right now. Is Days so good because the other 3 are so bad? Possibly, but I'm genuinely loving what I'm seeing. I hope this momentum continues.

I've been enjoying B&B for a while now. I started regularly again when Rena Sofer started (because I still have "Eve" love from Melrose) and I knew she'd go wacko at some point. I find Thorsten a total bore as Ridge and have never been a fan. For me, he's the only down side of B&B right now. Love that Sean Kanan returned.

Days I had tried to watch now-and-then but could never sit through a whole episode but I picked it up again since Kassie DePaiva came on and I've watched every single day. It's been great and there have only been rare scenes that i've not liked...most of Daniel. I can see why so many find his character obnoxious. But Eve and even Sami have been great! I am intrigued by Sami/Kate teaming up.

Y&R I try to watch occasionally but there are hardly any characters on their that I recognize anymore on most eps. So I just move on....

I haven't watched GH since the Nurses' Ball of '13. OL was is my 2nd fave daytime show of all-time (after AW) but even I thought that the OL "trio" screwed the show and couldn't watch any more.

So GH gets my vote because it's the one I don't even attempt to watch. :-)

Its just so hard to pick just one. :P I guess Y&R. At least GH is a more successful clusterf#ck than the snoozefest Y&R has become.

It is not quite there but I fear it will be Y&R by this time,next year.

But then again,we may have another EP/HW change by then!

Edited by oakdalelover