Daytime Emmy Awards To Livestream Online

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I called this long ago, I knew they had little choice but to live stream with the ratings they now pull but you know what? I'm fine with it.

The only issue I have is that they'd better make certain to have proper amount of bandwidth so people don't crash the system. Don't under estimate the number of people who may log on, even grudgingly out of curiosity and prepare for that.

Also, I hope the streaming quality will be good and the cameras will be in the right places.

In terms of the ceremony itself, I hope they opt for tasteful over brash and bring back some daytime actors for the Lifetime Achievement Awards. I can think of some from As The World Turns alone who deserve to be recognized right now.

• Members

I expect many to sqawk about this decision (especially if a network did offer to broadcast as DRW50 proposed) but if done well, they could actually have a bit more freedom to present the show that they want without network restrictions.

This might not be quite the right example but I remember when MTV used to live stream their awards through Overdrive and I thought they did a good job of it, irrespective of the raunch factor. The actual content of the show is for another conversation but the logistics of the livestream ran pretty smoothly, if memory serves me correctly.

• Members

Perhaps they should just announce the nominees and winners via Twitter and be done with it?

Better yet, forget the ceremonies altogether. Spare everyone the expense, announce the winners in some trashy tabloid, and then notify them their Emmys are in the mail.

Archived