The Flash: Discussion Thread

• Members

I thoroughly enjoyed Gorilla Grodd killing the General last night. It's too bad they write their female characters the way they do, though. Caitlin needs a little more fleshing out, and the other girl(whose name is escaping me right now) just seems annoying.. I am curious about Cisco, does he like girls, because he seemed more into The Pied Piper than anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Now that I cut the cable cord, this is the only tv series I watch with any regularity. I am glad that Iris finally knows Barry is The Flash because her not knowing just seemed to be contrived for drama's sake since the reason for not telling her was flaky. Maybe the intent was to give the character some depth at the point of reveal since she now has to evaluate her relationships with the men in her life.

Iris haters generally seem to be more whiny than they claim she is. I am no fan of the whole Superhero suffering from unrequited love but it's nowhere near being the whole show. I like that he acknowledged her significance to him and that his emotions are noted as part of who he is. His determination to clear his father is another aspect of how much love drives him and paints him as more than just another guy in a costume out to save the day.

For a low budget production, they did a respectable job depicting Grodd as terrifying and Jesse Martin made Joe's fear and vulnerability come across in a way that made me feel for him--especially when Grodd's face was close to his.

Openly evil Wells is great. Poor Eddie...

• Members

I stopped watching Smallville because I didn't like the Clark/Lana saga. I thought the writing was too focused on the angst instead of the development of Clark into Superman. I know some people hated Lois but I preferred the way she was written to the writing for weak Lana. I tuned back in some time after Lana left.

I really liked Chloe and although I liked the relationship she had with Clark, I am glad that they were never more than friends. She and Oliver were perfect together, imo, and the only thing I would have undone was Oliver and Lois. It's too bad Chloe was gone for most of the final season but I like the way they wrote her and Oliver's ending. On a totally selfish note, I'm glad they changed actors for Arrow because it would have been so alternate universe.

• Members

I don't think Iris is as whiny as she's been useless up until now. But she never bothered me as much as Grimm's Juliette, who was useless for like three seasons, or Arrow's Laurel, who continues to irritate in spite of being "badass" now.

What's a little weird is that Iris seemed to step right into the leadership position that Wells left---Barry, Caitlin and Cisco have yet to really gel as a team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What a great finale. I am not entirely sure why Barry didn't save his mother other than he told himself not to, but between that scene and Eddie and then the cliffhanger at the end this finale is the best hour of network television I have seen all year. The Flash started out weak but wound up becoming better than Arrow.