Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am loving this show so far. Taraji is doing great.

KMan, (for some reason I am having a hard time quoting posts)

I agree that Lucious seems like he could still have a thing for Cookie. He had a little sparkle in his eye, when he was looking at her in his office. Also, I am enjoying the relationship between Jamal and Hakeem. I like the bond that they have, and how well they get along with each other, even though they are very different from each other and even though one is favorite by Lucious, while the other is favorite by Cookie. I also like how Jamal and Hakeem work together musically. I am looking forward to more scenes between the two young brothers. Even though older Brother Andre is already developing trifling plans to pit them against each other, lol.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think that is still some of their responses. Might not that way but they still act out when their sons come out.

I just feel like Jamal is my spirit animal. While I didn't suffer the physical abuse, I did experience the emotional abuse he did. That's why I root for him. And Cookie too b/c she reminds me a lot like my mom -- tremendously candid, politically incorrect 99% of the time, BUT has good intentions.

• Members

Yeah, I'm interested in that as well. The previews look good -- looks like Jamal and Lucious have some really ugly (in a good way) confrontations, which I think will be good in the long run at communicating the real pain behind this story to people who might be on the fence. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's anything that could be done for those who very firmly set in their homophobic ways.