Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I won't be able to watch live either, which I hate, but I'll catch up as quickly as possible.

One of the parts I'm most excited about is what they'll do with

. The fact that Cookie is so supportive of him & will apparently feature heavily in the story was a huge selling point.

Come on FOX, surprise us!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm giving it a real shot. I think so much of non-cable primetime TV is so ADD these days, or limp and sluggish, or both at once, and I have very meager expectations beyond the glitz and flash. But I like a lot of the actors involved (including crazy-ass Terrence Howard) and the premise. I'll stick it out for at least a week or two, depending.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am looking forward to this show too. I am liking what I have seen so far of Cookie and Jamal's interaction. I look forward to watching him and Cookie interact and watching her interactions with all her boys and Lucious.. I Think that's going to be good stuff. and I think that the rest of the family will have some interesting layers as well. I think that at least most of them might have at least something worth rooting for, (even if they have some negative qualities as well).

I hope this does well. I think there is a good chance it will. It's in a competitive spot, but maybe the lead in from American Idol will help. Maybe the musical element of the show will really help it, I'm looking forward to the music and also the fashion that will be featured on this show.

• Members

YES I am HERE for Cookie. Taraji P. Henson is fantastic. "For a queen you sure keep a messy place" or whatever. LMAO. She is the life of this show already. The oldest son and his bitch wife ... meh. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Kinda meh to the business part so far with Luscious, to be honest. But damn do Taraji and Terrence have chemistry, already.

But it's the pilot.

Edited by KMan101