• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why is Jamal so dry and boring? Jussie is a decent actor, and there should be a number of interesting directions for his character.

Not that Hakeem is much better. He should have been killed off a long time ago. Time for a long-lost son (or daughter) for Lucious.

Trai Byers is one of the most beautiful men on the planet.

Edited by Faulkner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He was screwing Lee Daniels? I don’t follow Empire gossip, but I always figured LD was into white dudes.

But Jamal should be an interesting character, and he’s just... not. And you’re right. He never has been, even when he was addicted to drugs. But I suppose the show isn’t only dropping the ball with him. Only Taraji can really transcend bad writing. I suspect the show will eventually become too expensive for Fox, but it’s still the network’s top rated show.

• Members

I have been enjoying the show, though I do wonder who is in that casket. I hope it's not Andre. They have been having him go down a really dark path these past few seasons and I wonder with Anika/Grace now gone, (his real life wife) if he will be next. Both Jamal/Hakeem have had their death scares already. Granted, Andre did put a gun to his head, but thankfully he wasn't hurt or killed. He hasn't had his life hanging in the balance yet, so I wonder if he's the one the show gets rid of. Though, maybe whoever is in the casket isn't any of the sons or Lucious or Cookie.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm also enjoying Mario's character as Devon. I like how sweet and earnest he is. And while I have always enjoyed Jamal, I do think he gets too many love interests. Every time you turn around he has a new love interest. I do think that too many love interests can have a negative impact on a character.

Edited by xtr

• Members

What a crazy ending for tonight's episode. That was uncomfortable to watch for multiple reasons.

I didn't expect that twist with Candance and her son. YIKES. I thought that her husband was the guilty culprit.

I actually wonder now if she decided to get rid of her husband because he wanted to get more help for their son. (While she was in denial) I also really dislike the reveal about Kingsley/Lucious/Kingsley's mom. Really dislike that he is connected to the Lyons family like that. I really don't like him and find him very unappealing. (I also think he resembles the singer Gregory Abbott). He doesn't fit with the Lyons and I wouldn't be surprised if he ever will. I think this mom may have a drug addiction and maybe that is why she's in the hospital bed. I also wonder if Kingsley is the one that may end up being in the casket.

And on the Brightside I am glad that positive things are happening for Dre, his new love interest and her son. I am glad they got news about her son's release from prison. I am also glad that Hakeem took the high road in his feud with Blake.

Edited by xtr