Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's been a long time since Empire was this compelling. The writers are finally hitting the proper tone that resulted in the ratings from the first season. I cried watching the show and I haven't done that since season 1. 

Phylicia Rashad was brilliant as Diane Dubois. Her wardrobe and diction were perfect. It was made even better when she code switched at the end talking about her grandfather and great grandfather. knowing that Angelo is her only child add stakes to his life. I really hope the show doesn't kill Angelo on some of Lucious' bullshit. He and Cookie are great together. Lucious deserves to lose Cookie and have to earn her back. That history on why she clings to him tells us that. 

Speaking of the history. That was needed to explain why cookie deals with Lucious and was willing to forgive all he had done. She gave up everything for him more than once. first with her father then her freedom. And this bastard lucious tried to keep the company from her when she got out. In retrospect, lucious looks even worse.  

I was loving Nessa until she decided to make Andre choose between her and Cookie. you don't make a man choose between you and his momma. she lost me there. I'm beginning to think that Nessa is just a spoiled princess type. it's all about her all the time. I've got my eye on her. 

Bella is one cute baby. 

I do not want to see Anika with Lucious. Been there, done that. No. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Andre is GONE! He needs help. Everyone is too focused on Jamal to see it. 

They did the lucious and Anika thing. What a disappointment! 

Angelo is Ted Kennedy. 

And it's getting to the point that Lucious is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. In other words, he's God. He was a far more interesting and compelling character when he didn't come out on top at the end of every episode. It's ridiculous. 

Long live Tikeem! 

Edited by ajsp35801

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Midway through Season 2. It's pretty much just like Season 1 only a bit more schizo.

Rhonda's fall down the stairs was phenomenally shot. Just wonderful direction, camera work. I don't recall ever seeing a fall filmed like that before. It felt very cinematic, and very real. 

BYE with that stupid Jamal/Skye shιt! I know EMPIRE is inspired by/an homage to DYNASTY but do they HAVE to pull the crap DYNASTY pulled? The only thing that made it slightly better was that Smollett and Alicia Keys had chemistry (more than he has with the guys!). But thank God it seems to be over!

Cookie going back to prison and the serious scenes with Candace and Carol packed an emotional punch.

• 4 weeks later...