Red Band Society: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Probably one of the BEST pilots I've seen in a long time and that's saying A LOT also I don't watch much of FOX shows.

Also I LOVE that they havw FUN Quirky, yet Dynamic, Complicated characters. I feel attached and love most of the characters even the bitchy ones! LOVE that I'm already attached usually shows get me attached by 3rd or 4th episode, glad they didn't waste any time.

They've got an amazing hot cast and LOVE they got Octavia Spencer she's awesome and along w/ Dave Annable, took me a little while to realize it was him!

It's fun, light, dark, they don't try to force story, characters, stereotypes, or comedy down your throat, they don't try to sell [!@#$%^&*]. They balance/sooth it out and let the characters drive the story and it's what I LOVE! Everything goes right a long!

I was so excited something like this was created when I first heard it and now watching the pilot it was AMAZING and I recommend it to any one considering watching it. They balance light and dark comedy-drama to teen to medical to Emotional drama very NICELY. Also you feel for the characters as its emotional, moving, beautiful and gets into these character's journeys, stories, thoughts, psyche very well. Its pretty outstanding, masterful and a great creation.

And no its not like GLEE! Its really different and has a few genres not just one and blends everything nicely and its a very character-driven show which is awesome. It attaches you to the proceedings, also the editing, effects, filming style and the MUSIC choices are INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to see what they have in store for next week. The writing, acting, everything about this DID NOT LET DOWN. AMAZING.

Also, I don't know if Wednesdays are a slow night or if its b/c everyone VIEWED it on Hulu before the premiere (And A LOT did! also it was the #1 social topic on Twitter last week) but don't let ratings get in the way of your judgement, judge for yourself (and its gotten LOTS of great reviews so that says something) you should go a head and give it a watch. And hope next week's ratings go up. I give it a A+.

Please give this show a GO! Its definitely a must-see!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're only two episodes behind, so it isn't too late.

Last night was good. I was crying at Kara and I knew it when he said Moms and then figured something must have happened because her dad was already there and I thought that was her mom with him so it was nice to see a look into her family life. I hope we get that with the rest of them.

It may pick up more now that B is no longer on but I think FOX needs to shift it somewhere that it might have a shot at renewal but they've renewed mediocre shows such as Glee (not the early years) and The Mindy Project and even new Girl (now not S1) so I either want at least a full season 13-22 eps. or a renewal. It is a really good series but I just don't think FOX is the right place for it to air.

• Members

Yeah, the younger mom of Kara's was apparently her nanny and Kara "semi-blamed" her for her parents divorcing but when she said she wasn't the reason they divorced; Kara said that she knew.

It really does need to be paired with a FOX mega hit or something to give it a boost.

• Members

It's going to need something, I'm afraid. I love the show, and I hope they either pair it with a winner. I would hate to see such a good program leave the air to soon. I know a few people that have said it is too depressing , but I think if they gave it a shot, they would like it, too. Octavia is the queen, and David Annable is so f**kin fine, I'll be watching til I can't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Yup. A talented cast and a different premise. Typical Fox move. I hope to see some of these kids make it on other series, and not Nickelodeon or Disney shows. Probably ABC Family or CW. Octavia must be ready for a new movie or a return to Mom on CBS. I love her there!

I'm sure DA will land another part.

• 2 months later...

Archived