Justice League Movie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can't say a lot but I've seen this and it's not good. It's not as bad as Suicide Squad or Batman vs. Superman but it's pretty bad in a lot of places. The only good parts are Wonder Woman, Batman, and anything with Amy Adams and Diane Lane. Everyone and everything else goes from useless to awful. The Flash and Aquaman get special shoutouts for how bad they are in this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Finally saw this and thoroughly enjoyed it! In fact, I'm thinking of going back for seconds. Certainly better than Suicide Squad and B vs S. 

I thought Flash was charming, Cyborg worked great too. Baffleck is Baffleck. Gal Gadot fantastic as always. Aquaman GREAT on the eyes but meh on execution. He needs more to do/more work.

They FINALLY gave my Superman the treatment he deserves. None of that Batman v Superman BS. As if he can't beat the sh!t out of all of them with little to no effort! And that's exactly what he did (while shirtless, bless the Gods). His resurrection was probably the best scene in the movie. Good stuff with Lois Lane and Martha Kent. 

Wasn't crazy about the Bugs design and I still hate Snyder's vision of Krypton with a passion. The climax was slightly underwhelming but good overall. 

But Cavill's CGI upper lip area? Oh my God, the horror! It's like Superman was brought back to life but the space between his lip and nose remained dead. Couldn't they make it more natural? Maybe make it move along with the rest of his face? Did Superman come back from the dead with a massive amount of Botox on his upper lip? So many questions. And apparently, this cost them millions!

The only interesting thing is it helps spot the reshoots easily. And it seems there was a tooooon of them (and I'm sure there's more that didn't involve Cavill directly). I didn't notice Whedon being credited. Only Snyder was credited as director. 

Overall, a lighter tone, more fun, some good moments. Hope they keep going this direction but Snyder needs to be gone. He can't bring humanity to these characters.

The first post-credit scene was a lot of fun. I groaned at the second one when I realized it involved Lex and hoped he'd been recast. No luck but he seemed toned down and it was awesome to see Manganiello. The idea of an evil Justice League has promise. 

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Same. I'm not getting the hate. I saw it and really loved it.

I have watched too many Joss Whedon shows to not spot his touch in the tongue-in-cheek and funny moments.

And totally agree...THAT was how Superman should be. Not that I mind that at all in the other movies.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...