Race to the World Series

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I smiled when Torre said that. This is what I wanted, both NY and BOS to make it to the playoffs. I do not want a CLE/BOS game on monday because I work on monday and won't be able to watch it. lol

• Members

Now, this is a golden opprotunity for Boston, but if they lose tomorrow and Cleveland wins, then lose Monday, would it make people in Boston forget last year? Because I do feel that many around the country will ask, how can you win your first World Championship in 86 years, lead the division for much of the season, and not make the playoffs the next year?

• Administrator

And The Red Sox are in!!

Here are the matches:

- Yankees vs Angels (Rooting for NY)

- Red Sox vs White Sox (Rooting for BOS)

- Padres vs Cardinals (Rooting for STL)

- Braves vs Astros (Rooting for HOU)

And of course I'm rooting for the BoSox to win it all again. :)

• Members

I think we can make a rematch with Boston go better than it did last year. I will say this - Boston will have a tougher time getting back to the WS this year than last, if for nothing else that the pitching is not as potent as it was last year. CS is still somewhat injured, no Pedro, and I really can't remember, is DL still with the team or not? If that pitching comes together and that hitting stays like it has all year, Boston will once again be in The Fall Classic.

If I hate anything, I hate that St. Louis may have to face Houston once again. They might not have the hitting, but they have the pitching, and right now they are playing the hottest baseball of a team going into the playoffs. If our pitching gets together, it just may be a rematch. But, don't count out New York. They came on real strong at the end of the season.

Either way, it's shaping up to be a hum-dinger of a playoff run for all these teams. :)

• Members

Screw them. Half those guys are smacking themselves silly with joy that Boston may play New York again. Apparently, those are the only two teams playing baseball. St. Louis had the best record in the bigs this year, but you'ed never know it looking at ESPN.

• Members

Because RC is pitching so well. And they have Oswalt. Plus, they did take STL to Game 7 last year. But, that's the reason why I can't watch ESPN at all. Have you ever watched their football show? I swear, this past week you would have thought that the Jets were the only football team playing.

It will be all Boston vs. New York for the whole playoff run. The only way it will stop is if a National League team win the WS. If St. Louis had won last year, it would ahve been how did Boston screw up, instead of how St. Louis won.

Archived