Race to the World Series

Toups

• Administrator

Okay baseball fans, it's that time of the year again - the fall classic is almost here. How are you teams doing, who are you rooting for, what do you want to see in the playoffs?

Here's what I want to see.

AL EAST: Boston

AL WEST: Anaheim (clinched)

AL CENT: Cleveland

Wild Card: NY Yankees

AL EAST: Atlanta (clinched)

AL WEST: San Diego

AL CENT: St. Louis (clinched)

Wild Card: Houston

Of course I want to see NY vs Boston in the ALCS again - it's the best damn rivalry in sports. The weekend series between the two should be intense.

In the NLCS I want to see STL vs Houston.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya know. I had a feeling down in my gut that the Orioles would implode half-way through the season. So many people I talked to were planning their winning season. I *tried* to tell them. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted I suppose.

~From a fair-weather Orioles fan

"for no other reason than Boston got more arrogant than NY has been in quite some time."

Eh. I think they are both about equal on *that* level.

BTW, the WS wasn't between The Yanks and The Sox. That was the division championship.

• Members

Hey, OFF my Sox dammit. My name clearly states who my team is. That is all. But seriously, I only like two teams in baseball. The Red Sox... and whoever beats the Yankees.

Damn, we win once every 86 years and we're arrogant, but the Yankees fans threw it in my face when Aaron F****** Boone hit that homerun, once again breaking my heart. People just want us to act like loser. Well, we WON. Not only did we win, we came back from 3-0. Can we enjoy making history until we are dethroned please.

And the Yankees aren't arrogant cause they haven't won a ring in like 5 years. Sucks to lose for long periods of time, doesn't it. And nope, you never get use to it.

• Members

We still lead the count by 25, so that's most important. Yes, Red Sox fans are arrogant. I cannot believe the bravado of Red Sox fans to try to attack Yankees fans (yes, this happened on campus at my school in NEW YORK). After Game 7, I wished one of them tried that stunt with me so that I can kick their behinds Brooklyn style.

As I said, I'm going to enjoy watching the Yankees boot you guys out of the playoffs.

• Members

I'm rooting for my hometown ATLANTA BRAVES!! Congrats to my team for winning their unprecedented (in any sport) 14th division championship in a row!!

To put things in perspective...You know the first year of this 14 year run, George Bush was president and we were at war with Iraq...wait maybe thats not a good example.

These Braves are different, they are young, hungry, and have heart. I expect them to go all of the way.

• Members

Wow, it definitely wasn't that way on my campus. There are WAY more Yankee fans here, who were like "so what? Ya'll one once" The SAME fans who said to me the year before "hey, when you win, I won't say anything when you gloat" So guess what, I GLOATED. Congrats on being up by 25. But call me when you get this years.

Both sides have [!@#$%^&*] fans though. Just don't acknowledge them, cause I'm sure we could trade stories. But we'll see about that playoff thing.

• Members

Im from the south but hate the braves becuase everyone loves them down here. Considering how young they are and all the injuries this year Bobby Cox deserves manager of the year in the National League IMO.

Who I am pulling for....

I hate the Yankees more than any other team in baseball, so somehow I am rooting for them to miss the playoffs. I know the ratings would suck w/o them in the playoffs, but I want the Red Sox to sweep their ass this weekend at Fenway. I am a Blue Jays fan so I dont like either team, but the Blue Jays have beat the Red Sox 11 times this year and only losing to them 6 times, so I can deal with the BoSox sweeping those damn Yankees this weekend.

I dont really care who wins in the American League as long as its not the Yankeees

As for the National League I am pulling for the Cards or Astros...just dont want the Braves to win it all.

• Members

I love it! Yanks started this year as second best and kept it that way I'm glad the race is happening NOW and not when it usually happens in June or July. It all comes down to what matters and WHEN it matters and that is something IMO the Yankees have always forgotten-- once they make it to the playoffs they play like it is a regular game when it is not. Let's see who this turns out but in the mean time GO YANKEES!!

LOL, I think both team fans are arrogant, like you said, and in some sense they all have reason...

Archived