Paul Raven

Ratings from the 80's

40 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

What was going on with AMC at this point and why were they starting to tumble? Assuming the increased competition in some markets from a now very strong Y&R couldn't have helped. 

I was just about to chime in, these weekly numbers show me that All My Children was not always a solid No. 3 during this time period as I had long thought. 

2 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

Ooh look at Y&R at 9's, ATWT & DAYS in the 8's, and AW in the 6's...  Meanwhile, Capitol down in the 4's definitely earns a cancellation for a CBS soap... 

Lol it’s like a good chunk of CBS viewers changed the channel of 30 

mins!

6 hours ago, VanessaReardon said:

Week ending 1/2/1987

GH 9.3

DOOL 8.9

Y&R 8.8

AMC 8

OLTL 7.9

ATWT 7.7

GL 6.4

AW 6.2

CAP 5.6

SB 5.2

LOV 4.6

RH 3.3

SB at 5.2! I wonder what their highest rating was throughout their run. I still wonder how they might have done with DOOL as their lead-in instead of AW (as much as I also loved AW).

AMC did start to fade after Jacqueline Babbin had departed as EP.  IIRC, by the time Agnes Nixon had returned as HW in '90, the show had slipped as far as sixth in the ratings.

51 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

SB at 5.2! I wonder what their highest rating was throughout their run. I still wonder how they might have done with DOOL as their lead-in instead of AW (as much as I also loved AW).

You’ll see. And did SB ever beat AW in the ratings?