Soap vet joining Days??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Kassie. I'm very curious to see her in another role other than Blair. I have seen some of her as Chelsea Reardon/GL. But it's going to be really strange to see her on DAYS, lol. I'm so used to her as Blair.

I don't mind her casting, we don't even know yet if it's long-term or recurring or guest stint (do we?). I do agree that they should be writing for Mary Beth and Judi Evans over hiring someone in a similar age range, but I'm sure DePaiva's character is the mother to either Jordan/Sheryl or the new guy Ben (the character played a guitar, right ... hmm, and Kassie sings. Oh boy ....).

And she did work with Shawn Christian before, and Tomlin did seem to love her. Maybe we can finally be free of Dannifer?

• Members

if Justin Gaston plays a new character, I wonder if she will be related to him? The Southern accents and all...

or, perhaps, she'll be Daniel Cosgrove's wife? Hmm!

every woman on the canvas does this already, tho.

• Members

I know nothing about her BTS. Is she a bitch?

Also this is not a popular opinion, but sometimes these shows need a new character, with biological ties to nobody already there. Otherwise it's like a snake devouring itself. So as much as I love Hope, Kayla, Adrienne etc, sometimes somebody new is needed to stir the pot or go places they can't.

• Members

Near as I can tell she committed the cardinal sin of replying to her fans' questions on Twitter and telling them to write in if they wanted more of her on GH, which is the same thing just about every single soap star on Twitter does. That's about it. KDP was never much of a social media person before OLTL ended; the cancellation made her emotional and she started going down Memory Lane with her stories, which apparently she never, ever did before. She didn't bash anybody or go to town on anything, but the warring TNB and Carly, etc. fanbases on social sites sure did and I think some people attribute that to her, which IMO is just ignorant.

Plus she's another one of those soap singers who sings songs I cannot stand. But she's a sweet enough lady whose character I liked and I always figured that after umpteen years and a cavalcade of ridiculous stories and quiet service, singing twice a year was the least she could ask for in her contract, especially when she almost never made her salary or story or anything else an issue. If I really couldn't take it I just muted it. She's not exactly Beverlee McKinsey but she's a solid, underrated performer with a really strong connection to that character she played, and she's always just done the job. How she'd fit into DAYS I have no idea and I'm not gonna take up the show full-time for anyone short of Erika Slezak, but I hope they give her something nice.

Archived