Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

It would be one thing if these people were A-List megstars; then they might get away with more. But it's not 2004 anymore, let alone 1994, even in soaps. These days Robert Kelker-Kelly gets a couple days of work and then goes back to repairing jet planes in Middle America.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Usually it is true that women pay the price in any kind of sexual Hollywood scandal, but MM and Daytime is so marginalized and powerless that if HK has a change at a prime time or movie future, I think she will be fine. However, I don't think that she is particularly talented.

Exactly, I read about the KB harassment rumors before he joined Y&R. He also wrote fan fic with his character and Veronica having a romance. He tried to get the producers to do the romance on the show, but they were not having it.

• Members

Mel is never going to be back again on that level, IMO. Never. He'll get a couple character parts here, maybe even in a couple big films, and there but never anything too serious. Expendables III is about his upper limit these days. Even if audiences take pity on him in those supporting parts he's always going to carry that taint in a major way. He will never be Mel Gibson again. Robert Downey, Jr. came back from substance abuse issues because he was incredibly talented and hardworking, but Mel's issues are far more insidious. It's a shame because he is/was very talented, but he's nuts.

• Members

He was a regular on TWOP during the VM days and he pandered to a fanbase online. He apparently tried his hand at writing fanfiction, IIRC; one of my exes knew more about him and VM than I did, as I never watched it.

It's no different today - if an actor or a creative or a webseries or whatever else makes the soap blogosphere - or any online fandom anywhere - feel important and included, they will lavish praise upon them and forgive almost anything. Muhney charmed people but he wasn't the first or the last. But some actors eventually make themselves untouchable and I am fairly sure MM has now.

• Members

I hope that this MM debacle is the last time that we hear from Branco for a good long time. He has embarrassed himself even more than usual with this MM debacle. He either did not know the truth or did not care. In either case, MM made a huge fool out of him. I bet the Huffington Post will think twice before buying another article from him.

• Members

I think he knew and didn't care. He hoped he could spin it. Branco is that nuts.

Whether or not some of his contemporaries will reexamine themselves and their behavior - and their friendship with him - is another question.

• Members

I thought he was miscast. He would have been better as Ricky Williams, instead of that guy I only remember because he was a singing waiter or whatever.

Considering they were dumb enough to give him a platform after the TV Guide fiasco with Kristian Alfonso, I'm sure they'll do it again. Their site tends to have some of the most vapid material around.

Archived