Crossroads

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiere date for Nolly has been confirmed for February 2nd. A documentary titled The Real Nolly will be available from the same date. Premiere+date+for+Nolly+has+been+confirmed+for+February+2nd.+A+documentary+titled+The+Real+Nolly+will+be+available+from+the+same+date.&aqs=edge..69i57&FORM=ANCMS9&PC=LCTS 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

It's interesting to me how, after nearly 20 years of reading mostly negative/tongue-in-cheek/scoffing-type things about Crossroads in mainstream UK media, so many are now quick to point out its merits. I really don't know much about the upcoming film (I did read the RTD article and liked it), so I don't have a real opinion on it, but I do wish that soaps could get respect on their own and not just because someone from the "prestige" circle signals that its okay to respect soaps.

• Members

I feel like this has been the case with Crossroads for a long time - it's mostly seen as a joke, just those who are fans are passionate about pointing out the positives. And as you said, the only way more gets through to the public is if a big name like RTD has something to say. Unfortunately, in this case, that seems to just be Helena Botham Carter doing her drag act yet again.