Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Noah is perfectly cast as nick's son. Perfectly cast. He definitely seems out of sorts in the board room. Not very convincing. But at s stage, I don't think that he should be. So it works.

As for Hilary and Devon...I think they have good chemistry. And I think that their personalities will provide great entertainment over the months to come. Devon is as smart mouth know it all on most days and Hilary is a must have the last word as I drop the mic in exit snarker. I am here for it. She left him speechless today, loved every second of their encounter. That MM is a great find. Praises to whoever casted her. She comes off as sweet and innocent although I know she is a schemer. Works well.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on how alot of the SL is half written b/c we aren't suppose to notice Devon not receiving statements regarding purchases. I assume Hilary will figure out what Mason is up to, and help Devon. I'm also getting the feeling once he's caught, this will be the end for the character. The actor has been with the show for a year now, but he hasn't had much of a stable story, but I've grown to like him and want him to stick around. There's plenty they can do with him. Oh yeah, I like to look at him too. :-)

• Members

Hevon wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Keep talking smack Devon because it only makes it sweeter when you fall head over heals for Hillary! I'm patiently waiting!!!!!

Eileen Davidson was positively stunning yesterday. The scenes with Stitch were a waste, especially since they included Abby. Can we toss her out of a window? If Ashley will stay on the show, I would much rather a bit more substance!

I swear if something is not done with AH's hair and soon, I'm going to slit my wrists! Awful!

Jess too! This aint Kojak and she aint 20 anymore. That dead hair on her shoulders is ghastly!

I hope Mason sticks around for a while because I would enjoy a bad boy with no apologies. He can make trouble for Hevon and then make trouble everywhere else. I really like him.

Love that Jack sees Kyle at Newman is a mistake and wants him out of there. Jill is cracking me up because she will do whatever it takes to get Chancellor. Keep at it, girl!

Noah, stop talking! PLEASE!!!!!

Newman/Jabot business stories are indeed lacking, but I don't need 2 talking bricks to resurrect them. Noah and Kyle, have a seat!

Yesterday was a bit boring, but not a bad boring. Every eppy is not going to be exciting, but YR needs a jump and I'm hoping the new team will bring it.

Adam and Kevin in the previews. I may have to sit this one out :(

• Members

In the new Soap Uncensored Nelson mentions that certain members of the press need to stop trying to make it seem like David Tom is going to be an issue because of his long past substance abuse issue. I figured it was just a way to try and dog the man out after Billy Miller left, so no surprise.

• Members

You know, it's terrible that people would use something like that against him. If he's clean-up his act, who is anyone to judge? I really like BM and he did an excellent job in the role. I also really like DT. I could not have wished for a better replacement, if BM had to go.

• Members

Look at Sean kanan he's even admitted he was a huge cocaine addict and alcoholic. He said he came to work high so many times to GH in the 90s but he's been sober for many years. Everyone has issues and bad past choices but if they have changed their lives for the better and aren't those people anymore we have to give them props.

• Members

Whoa, from what I've read about NB, if the soap bloggers have become too catty for even him, that say a lot about the so-called soap press.wacko.png

I had a screenwriting professor who always used to say "Don't tell me, show me". Why can't Y&R show a scene here or there that shows us how Devon spends his money? We don't have to see a car (budget cuts, I know) but give us a few scenes, what's the problem? Not enough time? Oh, they only have 5 days a week to do it.

To me, the main issue is that if we see the proof, it may not come off as in keeping with what we know of Devon's character (street smart and savvy and keenly aware of life's excesses) and the holes in the writing. Oh well, I guess that might be something that writers notice. Whatever facilitates his moving in concentric circles with Hillary and Mason, I guess. I like all three actors and think their scenes have been great, but I call sloppy writing on this one.

• Members

Wow. Monday's episode was pretty good actually (as was the Thanksgiving episode and of course the one from 1998 which was just stunning).

Hilary and Mason in the gym was HOT. What a cool drink of water that boy is. Suddenly, this little bald boy pops up-- oh, wait, my bad, it's Devon. Nothing against Bryton James who is a very good actor, but super-tall he ain't. And the man who pays Mason oozes sexiness. What I would love is for Hilary to go after Devon for his money -- and heck, why not fall for him a little? -- but she is also lusting big-time for her ex Mason, who also happens to be Devon's BFF. It would be like... Ridge and Caroline and Thorne on early B&B. And I mean that as the highest compliment because that was my jam back in the day. On a par with Caroline Spencer is pretty much how highly I regard Mishael Morgan on this show. I just adore Hilary right now.

Poor Tyler stuck on his own at Crimson Lights, blocking some girl's number from his phone... Can we give this man a SL please?! He and Abby have no chemistry whatsoever. He needs to be ravishing Lily while Cane is stuck on diaper duty with Da Twins, and Abby needs to be slowly undressed by Chavez.

Ashley. wub.pngwub.png Of course I love ED as Kristen DiMera, but I loved her first as Ashley. The scene with Stitch was fine but the one with Victor was more interesting. I think this is a sign that Y&R seriously wants her bag if they pulled Eric Braeden from the golf course for a scene with her. He totally lights up around ED. I wouldn't mind Ashley staying around GC for a little while (until Days make her an offer she can't refuse, of course).

Chit, I know you are hating the ends of Jill's hair and while I do think a little trim is in order, I CANNOT go back to Jess Walton's scarecrow Meg Ryan scruff, I just can't. Jill *is* flowy long hair. I don't care how old she is, she needs that long hair, it's part of her DNA. She was great with PB. All in all, some good character interactions yesterday.

Kyle vs Noah was good to watch because finally Y&R is tiptoeing towards some semblance of a business SL. They finally told RA to sit down when Kyle pitches his idea because he looks so wee standing next to the actor playing Kyle.

Chloe & Kevin tomorrow. Buh bye.

• Members

Devon can talk all the smack he wants with Hilary because she gives as good as she gets. Well not before she lulls you into thinking she is a weakling with her innocence first though. LOL. I can't wait for Devon's apology to her.

I also like Mason. There is just something about him that is hard to hate. I still see a purpose for him after his situation with Devon's identity is over. I say it again...Abby. Victor would be spitting bricks. And so would Tyler AND Devon (if the writers remember their friendship). If I had to write it...Tyler's ex would come to town with his kid because she is dying. She needs him to be a father. Abby gets insecure because she no longer has Tyler's undivided attention so Mason gives her the attention she craves. Story takes place over 4/5 months. By the time Mariah dies, Abby is now in love with Mason.Then I would have him ask Lily to help him out with the child (Leslie knows nothing about children as shown with her being uncomfortable with Moses). This accomplishes 3 things:

1. Keeps Mason on in the bad boy role

2. Gives Abby a relationship with a guy that Victor has a reason to hate (it seems that is a must for any Newman girl child to be featured on this soap).

3. Gives Tyler a kid so that people can stop saying that Lily's children are a hindrance to her being paired with Tyler. I want that pairing...STILL.

Jill is awesome. She gives this show so much life.

I think that the mistake that Jack is seeing is that Kyle likes working for Victor. Priceless!

If Stitch will be paired with an Abbot sister, I would rather it be Tracy. She is long overdue for something new. Having her on more regularly and keeping her paired with Steve is like having Devon paired with Roxy...only a place holder to explain why the writers haven't paired them with anyone on screen.

Whose going to lose a paycheck over someone else...period?!

Archived