Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I turn this on and I see Kristen Dimera on my screen. That's where she went to. But on a serious note, Im surprised Ashley is here. I thought she just came for the funeral and left. She's sticking around and getting a love interest? Who is this doctor

Its refreshing and nice to see some non-Winters black faces in the opening.

Who is this Hilary chick and how long has she been on the show. What is Mason's story? The years worth of soap watching in me has me thinking that everytime I see him, he would seem redundant with Tyler around. Really, all I know about Mason is that he works at either Jabot or Newman.

Damn, Devon has been working out. He looks a bit more buff than the last time I saw him.

On the flipside, Billy has gained some weight. He is looking a little bit chunky

• Members

Honestly, I'll be surprised if she's not back on contract by January/February. Her leaving DAYS might have been attributed to ED needing a break but it wouldn't be completely out of the question that Sony decided to shuffle her once more.

• Members

I keep hearing that ED prefers Y&R to DAYS because on Y&R they let her work in the mornings so she can have the afternoons to herself.

The doctor is an old friend of Dylan's who has a wife and kids offscreen.

Noah just doesn't belong in the office. Never has no matter who plays him. They should just have him stick to photography for the ad campaigns. Kyle one upped him in that pitch meeting.

• Members

Kyle actually fits in at Newman. Noah is too much like his dad, another one who doesnt belong in corporate.

As usual Jill is the only one in town using their brain. Once again she has to break thing down for two of GC's biggest whiners.

Devon and Hilary have no chemistry. He's about to make her fast forward worthy.

Abby was so thirsty today. Acting like its been years since Ashley's had a man. She was pushing her onto a stranger.

Not a bad episode. I did not miss Nikki and son, Chelsea, Chlovin or Lame one bit

• Members

I think for Eileen Davidson its simply Y&R first of all I think might pay more then DAYS and they have a much slower easier taping schedule. Ashley is the ultimate herione as she is not dynamic as Kristen. DAYS tapes very fast, in advance and up to 8 shows a week to stay on budget. The schedule way very draining. So I just think Eileen will probably end back at Y&R again mainly because its easier for her to be a mom. I love the character of Ashley when she is written correctly. It was Maria Bell who wasted Eileen for years pouring coffee at jabot. She had really horrid stories and she was hardly ever on.

• Members

Hearing Victoria talk about how Billy is grieving is so odd to me. It's like she expects someone to be over the death of their child in an instant. She's been acting this way since the week after Delia died. blink.png It would be completely normal if Billy wanted to sit out this holiday season all together.

• Members

This is what is making me tune in to watch Y&R. There are lots of black faces and the majority of them are NOT winters. All this representation...it's nice.

Hilary came on trying to destroy Neil's family because she thought he was complicit in her mother's death. He wasn't and she got over it. Mason was helping her torment them on some blog. Now Hilary is looking for redemption and Mason is looking for a payday. I am enjoying it so far.

It is a real shame that people think that their can only be one black person on a show in any age range. But as you say, it is conditioning. Sad!

Tyler and Devon wear the tightest clothes I have ever seen on this show. They have Redzilla beat. I don't see how they get in those shirts. .

• Members

That's TV watchers for you. Anytime a black actor/actress is hired, it is for a quota. But when it is all white, that is fine. There are more than enough males in the age range of Esmerelda on this show...she has plenty to do. There is Kyle, Devon, and Mason who are single.

No one will ever question why we need Kyle AND Noah...but will question why we need Mason AND Tyler. It's sad.

• Members

Thanks. Who is Hilary's mother and why did she think Neil's family was involved in her death?

Im definetly not used to seeing so many black characters in the same age range and fulfilling different roles. Usually on soaps,if they aren't in the same storyline, its a sign that one of them will either be killed off or go to jail soon. Good on Y&R for having Devon, Mason and Tyler both around for this long, each having their own place on the show

• Members

Well, Mason isn't too far from jail. But I guess if Adam can get away with the things he did then so can Mason.

Hilary's mother was some random woman that Neil met and got drunk with when he fell of the wagon after Dru died. They were both alcoholics. They went back to her hotel room to have sex but she passed out. He thought she was just sleeping so he left. But the woman had died. Hilary found out about it some sort of way. Not real clear on that. But once she did, she came to town to be Cane's assistant. Then began harassing the Winters. It was supposed to be a Neil story but turned into a Lane, mostly Cane, story (as usual). But now it looks like she might be paired with Devon and I am here for it. It is about 9 years overdue for him to have an onscreen romance.

Archived