2013 Awards Thread

Toups

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Very worried that 12 Years is going to get shafted at the Oscars this Sunday. I just don't get it. Why does Matthew McConn (can't spell the rest of his name) deserve an Oscar because he lost a bunch of weight for a movie? Why does Gravity deserve to win because it involved 3D and happened to be one of the few movies to actually look excellent in 3D.

After watching All In with Chris Hayes I'm realizing just how old, Caucasian, tired, and utterly boring the people who actually vote for these awards are. Talk about a rigged system.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but preparing for the worst....

• Members

This one enrages me even more....I'm sorry but how can anything he did in that movie even come close to what Michael Fassbender did in 12 Years? I think his performance was scary good. I had goosebumps from the moment his character appeared on screen to the very end when he finally is freed.

I guess will see but I'm not expecting any miracles. Will tune in and then if things go bad hopefully Girls and Looking will be good episodes....

• Members

They can search til the end of time, nobody will ever sing this song as well as Judy Garland. This is serviceable at best. Pink was not able to sustain notes unless she was going into belt/scream mode. And then the staccato and pausing stuff ruins the melody. Bogus standing ovation.

Archived