B&B: Meet the new Ridge....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Iris was also a jetsetter. Ridge was more California-based.

I don't think bad acting is what made Ridge popular. Ronn was never a good actor but he was charismatic and more than dependable, early on. He only got really bad in the last ten years...it was kind of sad to watch, to me.

I don't think Thorsten > Ronn. I'd rather Ridge just stay offcamera, as the character seemed exhausted anyway. But I think if they clean him up and work out a few things he might be OK.

• Members

Basically, I agree and yet the character is desperately needed. I know some disagree. However, as a daily viewer I need the nastiness that is Brooke and Bill ended. I need someone to come in and wipe that arrogant smile off of Bill's face. If that has to be an odd Ridge recast, so be it. If it doesn't work out, he can go back to France once the mission is completed.

• Members

I am floored...shocked at this casting. The accent is the main problem for me. Other than that I am good. Bill and Brooke needs to end. That was/is a ridiculous pairing. I don't watch the show anymore but I might tune in to see HT's Katie with smug face as Brooke dumps Bill for her destiny.

• Members

Emma Samms and Karen Cellini were both a different ethnicity than the actresses they replaced and it worked just fine.

Ridge is needed on the show. The Spencers cannot carry B&B and I understand Brad Bell for wanting a name actor for the part. VI would be my perfect choice next to Dan Gauthier, but I can't say I hate the idea of TK joining the show. I am curious to see him and I hope that the Forresters are coming back. Now would be a good time to bring back Lesli Kay as Felicia.

• Members

I agree. Ronn Moss is a trouper and has always mocked himself playing Ridge and that's fine because B&B... is what it is. And Ridge embodies that trashy soapiness and melodramatic line delivery ("You'rrrrrre NOT going to get away with it, RICK!"). I flat-out miss him and his crazy scarves sometimes.

IA that Steffy and Taylor need to come back ASAP. And Peter Porte as a Thomas recast. I thought JMW was returning "after the summer" for a couple of months?

I like TK (who is German, I thought, and not Irish? He just played an Irishman on OLTL) buthe knows he's a pretty good actor and gets grumpy about other actors not measuring up and when things don't go his way. Not sure how he's going to find B&B (especially if he interacts with the current Thomas or, God forbid, Marcus)! The B&B set tends to be pleasant in the sense that most of the cast have to check their egos at the door to a certain extent.

Don Diamont showed that he was a company man and ready to promote B&B whenever, wherever so I doubt that the arrival of TK means he is out. If anything, all this is to give life to a new Brill/Bridge triangle.

• Members

It will be interesting to see Ridge played by someone who can act. This is a very unexpected choice, and hopefully a pleasnt surprise.

As for the JL as Liza talk, I really never understood the age thing as 1. it wasnt that severe and 2. is it really out of the question that a woman like Liza had some work done and that is why she was youthful, and plenty of people dye their hair... I think she added a lot to a very dull, outdated character and was one of the bright spots in the final years.

oh, and I loved CD as Iris on AW, but I never saw BM

• Members

All this Jamie talk makes me wonder if Thorsten's first scene as Ridge will be his panties getting pulled off.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

The thought of Thorsten trying to shape up the acting standards with some of that B&B cast cracks me up. Can you imagine him with Donna Duck?

The show does have some excellent actors, it's just that the ones who are bad are really, really bad.

Archived