HBO's Looking

• Members

I had a lot of problems with this show, many of them revolving around Patrick and what they intended him to be vs what he actually was (not even getting into the Richie pairing and the treatment of Richie as a character and my feelings on that), but it always breaks my heart a bit when I see Jonathan Groff interviews and he talks about how hurt he was by the harsh rejection of the show. 

I'd say it made me second-guess how naturally critical I am, but I'm not a very nice person, so it didn't. 

But it did make me reevaluate a lot of what I felt about his work in the role, and it makes me a bit sorry they never got more time or closure for an ending. 

I have a feeling I never would have agreed with the show about an ending anyway, due to the Richie issue.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Thank you for this. I was literally just reading it and thought if anyone had posted it here. 

I cannot believe it's been 10 years and seeing where everyone is at. And how people are now re-discovering the show over the last year. 

Season 2 is also currently being binged. hehe.

• Members

Thanks for the articles you posted, which I never read until now. I can't believe they might have done a Dom/Patrick tryst in a season 3. That's just what I would have enjoyed (I would have made them endgame in the movie as well).

• Members

Given how the creators were all about being real...and all the hints throughout the show and it being a scene in the movie...I felt like Dom/Patrick was a good tease. MB and JG definitely had good chemistry. 

IKR!! Good and messy (but real) drama. It might be up there with Joey/Pacey on DAWSON CREEK in that it really could have upset the fanbases who were already evenly divided between Pat/Richie and Pat/Kevin.