'Lost' actress joins 'Young and the Restless'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, virtually every Lost castmember seemed to get DUIs or under the influence charges out there in Hawaii at one time or another, so I don't take any reports of Watros in particular having an alcohol issue too seriously unless I get more information. But I do have to wonder how her career plunged so far so fast as to have to come back here.

It would be one thing if Cynthia Watros was doing a soap out of love for the genre (I would've loved to see her on the new AMC or OLTL) while still keeping up her new career - which is apparently why she generously did the Vicky fill-in gig on AW while she was taking off in nighttime, despite her agents' apprehension - but that career now seems to have disappeared. Time was she was everywhere in primetime, and a very skilled, in-demand actress, particularly in sitcom stuff. What happened?

• Members

Perhaps the simple truth of the matter is that Daytime is where she belongs. Some just thrive more in daytime than in primetime. Contrast her situation with her lost Castmate Michelle Rodriguez.

Michelle Rodriguez, while no Eva Mendes, has managed to do movies (granted most have been Fast & Furious sequels), after her DUI incident and Rodriguez has had many more run ins with police than Cynthia.

I thought Annie was a really interesting, bizarre, fun character and Watros definitely made her mark. FOJ or not, I think it could be a very good thing for Y&R, provided they write a good storyline and great character for her (a big 'IF' on this show for the last several years).

Y&R has been hurting for strong female character for some years now--and I don't mean just a whining, screeching psycho female, although, come to think of it, that may be precisely where her character ends up.unsure.png

Hope it works out anyway.

Archived