Vee

Llanview In The Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life to Live, by Jeff Giles out today

Vee   

I just picked it up on the Amazon Kindle store. It's only $5, and is jampacked with interviews. The closest thing we'll ever get to a Tom Shales-style tome a la the wonderful Live From New York, his expose on Saturday Night Live.

I've only just begun reading, but it is a hell of a book, and very worth your time. Buy it! It's five bucks!

Edited by Vee

Vee   

I'd read some of the excerpts on the book's Facebook page months ago, and they've got a lot of the original cast and crew there. (Agnes Nixon: "Ellen hates me now, but we were very good friends.")

Edited by Vee

Agnes Nixon: Ellen told me a story once about dancing at Roseland when she was younger -- the man she was dancing with asked her if she was an American Indian, and she said, “No, I’m an American black.” She said he dropped his hands from her and said he needed to use the restroom, and she grabbed his shoulder and said, “Listen, you son of a bitch, you’re going to finish this dance.”

Giles, Jeff (2013-09-09). Llanview in the Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life to Live (Kindle Locations 192-195). . Kindle Edition.

Vee   

"Marty's rape was another groundbreaking story. Doing it caused serious conflict between me and Agnes Nixon." - Linda Gottlieb

"What? I hardly knew Linda Gottlieb." - Agnes Nixon

YRfan23   

Sounds like a great read!

Do they say what Agnes thought about the stuff Gordon Russell wrote? I wanna know if she had opinions on the Karen Wolek murder trial, Victor Lord's death, the addition of the Buchanan's and Tina etc...

Vee   

There's quite a lot about Gordon Russell. I'm going all over the book at the moment, I'm not sure about the rest.

Vee   

Anthony Call (Herb Callison): "At the end, apparently Carlivati had this idea that he wanted Judy Light and me to come back on the show as an old married couple. How about that? Thank God they didn't ask me, because I don't ever want to act again - but apparently, I guess, she didn't want to do it."

Judith Light promptly says she never heard that, so who knows.

~bl~   

Somehow it cost me only 4.29 and I had credit on account so it was free. That was cool now have to find the time to read it.

WOOT--I was just wondering what the status of this was--and luckily it's on Amazon Canada. I don't have an e-reader, but I downloaded the Kindle free PC reader, and have already flipped through--looks really detailed! I know what I'll be doing tonight.

That was an excellent read

Youa lready read it all?

Anthony Call (Herb Callison): "At the end, apparently Carlivati had this idea that he wanted Judy Light and me to come back on the show as an old married couple. How about that? Thank God they didn't ask me, because I don't ever want to act again - but apparently, I guess, she didn't want to do it."

Judith Light promptly says she never heard that, so who knows.

I guess the debunks the Karen as Aubrey's mom rumor, lol