Llanview In The Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life to Live, by Jeff Giles out today

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Robin might have been a little hard to get along with by producers but you are deflamming her and making it sound like she degradded cast members and made life misserable for everyone. If that was the case, I highly doubt Erika Slezak would say such good things about her. They worked together on and off from 1979 right up until this year. and they had a lot of scenes together over all these years so i think Erika would have alluted to it some time.

She talked openly about Clint Richie's alcholism and how he made it almost unbearable a lot of time from the late 80's until he left in 98. And she didn't just say it in the new book, she's always alluted to him being her least favorite leading man...just without comming right out with it. Even back in an interview in the late 80's where she had to talk about all her ex-leading men, when it came to Clint, all she said was "He's been my husband all these years." She's talked about how Tervor St. John didn't exactly have the chemestry with her that Roger Howarth did. She even talked openly about producers. But she always had high praise for Robin.

• Members

To be fair to him, Clint's last few years on the show sucked. He spent a couple of years acting like a sex starved old man trying to get at VIki (with her keeping him at arm's length) and then they had him marry Lindsey. The only good part about that time was when Jessica found out she was pregnant...of course that was the last couple of months of his tenure when it was already decided that he would exit the role.

Archived