Llanview In The Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life to Live, by Jeff Giles out today

• Members

I just picked it up on the Amazon Kindle store. It's only $5, and is jampacked with interviews. The closest thing we'll ever get to a Tom Shales-style tome a la the wonderful Live From New York, his expose on Saturday Night Live.

I've only just begun reading, but it is a hell of a book, and very worth your time. Buy it! It's five bucks!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agnes Nixon: Ellen told me a story once about dancing at Roseland when she was younger -- the man she was dancing with asked her if she was an American Indian, and she said, “No, I’m an American black.” She said he dropped his hands from her and said he needed to use the restroom, and she grabbed his shoulder and said, “Listen, you son of a bitch, you’re going to finish this dance.”

Giles, Jeff (2013-09-09). Llanview in the Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life to Live (Kindle Locations 192-195). . Kindle Edition.

• Members

Anthony Call (Herb Callison): "At the end, apparently Carlivati had this idea that he wanted Judy Light and me to come back on the show as an old married couple. How about that? Thank God they didn't ask me, because I don't ever want to act again - but apparently, I guess, she didn't want to do it."

Judith Light promptly says she never heard that, so who knows.

Archived