• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ep 48- so much good family stuff in this ep!

I officially love Dorian & Jack together. RS just takes over the scene like RS does and AT doesn't have to do anything but react to her and there's something so charming and fun about them together. I liked how the conversation started off about Kate and then shifted to Dorian and younger men.

Similarly I could watch RSW and JvD every episode- I think I enjoy their brothers dynamic more than I did with Woods and Clint Ritchie. I was howling over JvD's name calling- telling Bo he was a worm twice in case he missed it the first time & I always love an Asa mention. I get that Bo is over it with Clint after the Shelter debacle and him getting in Nora's face but I thought he'd have a little more sympathy for the Viki break-up. I guess the no-nonsense attitude harkens back to the past few years & Bo never really trusting him again, which is good. Also liked Natalie being there for her dad (but totally not angry with Bo) but like some have already said, I could have used a Liam mention when she & Cutter were sauntering around her living room half naked. I didn't really care about Cutter & Bruce but maybe now that the tattoo mystery has some life again.

Got the sense that Michelle popping up at the coffee shop after her little confrontation with Dani (I am enjoying them opposite each other & love that now the gloves are totally off) wasn't random. Liked that Matthew seemed genuinely excited to see Drew & Destiny at the coffee shop- he may not be making any huge efforts yet but big difference from that early ep when he barely looked at him. Snoop's words have stuck but it totally works that he hadn't told Michelle. I actually liked LH a lot prior to the seizure scene- her face when Matthew was being all cute with Drew (but I could watch LH & RG shyly smile at each other with no words all day long so of course I liked this), not letting him scurry Michelle off to another table, not waiting for him take the lead on telling Michelle that he's Drew's father, her REALLY?!?! face at Matthew after Michele asked the babysitter question- all felt very in character for Destiny.

Todd's goodbye tour was good and made me sad that he's been stuck in that hotel room for so many weeks now. RH/ES scenes are never numerous enough or long enough for me but I'm so grateful we got a good number of them early on. Of course she knew instantly he was in trouble but didn't push for details. Hope Ron isn't too upset they mentioned Port Charles. tongue.png The Dani scene was pitch perfect & true to exactly where they are. She's warmed to him, she cares for him but no hysterics or I love yous. But them telling each other take care of yourself was still so poignant and when he closed the door, she looked physically pained and that spoke volumes. As someone who loved TnT once upon a time (in spite of the fact that I loved TnB first and demanded only gold balloons at one of my birthday parties), I appreciated him telling Dani to be there for Tea- he knows they can't have a civil conversation so this is all he can do to look out for Tea but its an effort. Liked seeing him with little Sam (when is RH not great opposite a child). Wish they had developed Todd/Jack a bit more but at the same time where they left things felt real.

• Members

Ep 49--- enjoyed 48 overall more than 49 but it was still pretty solid.

Loved David/Clint opening the show- I've been wanting a scene with them for awhile and this was a good organic way to do it. of course David would be relishing Clint's downfall in The Sun.

I enjoyed the TnB scenes and the secret wedding reveal. I didn't care they got married offscreen- the gold balloon is a soap classic and the 2001 wedding was great. I don't necessarily need another wedding at the point although I'm not opposed down the line if RH comes back. KdP is one of if not the best crier in the business.

I really like Marnie Schulenberg but this ep had a little too much reality show for me- I would have taken less of it and more Clint or TnB or Matthew/Destiny at the hospital. RS was fun and I loved her deciding she owed it to the women of America to do the show. I also enjoyed some of David/Rama-- her telling him she always thought the show lacked direction & insistence that she was a star and also the very end when David was a bit more serious, but overall too much of this this ep for me at least. But maybe that's just because I was really into everything else and just unfairly annoyed that it was taking time away.

So LH is not going to win any Emmys for her performance at the hospital. That's okay with me though- a Drew medical crisis was always going to be more about showing that Matthew loves his little boy. And Rob Gorrie delivered- loved the visceral reaction to Michelle calling Drew a mistake, loved his reactions to Michelle pushing (literally almost pushing Bo!) her way in with Bo & Nora, loved that he went into protective mode of not only Drew but Destiny with the small stuff like grabbing her hand and rubbing her back- that's Matthew beneath some of the jerk exterior we've been seeing and the character needed this ep. Ohhhhh Michelle- you're not family, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here k thanks bye-- this is going to be trouble in the long run and I'm excited. Also really liked how Destiny was not totally falling apart in Matthew's arms but totally willing to let Nora mother her- LH and HBS have a sweet dynamic that really works for this story. Oh and as someone who has more experience with child seizures than I'd like- good choice on the writers part- not a full blown heavy handed soap baby cancer/aplastic anemia story that requires a lot of time but legit terrifying and recurring if they need/want to come back to it.

The Clint/Nigel scene was very Asa/Nigel and Nigel's reactions were just priceless. I cannot wait for this gala.

I continue to love Viki/Jeffrey and loved their reacting to Clint's hilarious brotherly prank press release. I was unspoiled on the reveal and it shocked the hell out of me. I knew Corbin had been previewing a dark side but I just did not think THIS. Wow- love that they really didn't hint at all that I can remember. All of the sudden the tattoo mystery has serious life for me again. And while I've enjoyed Jeffrey immensely & Corbin's portrayal, I think this will be a great showcase for Corbin who really hasn't had much meat yet. The fact that this reveal came after those adorable Viki/Jeffrey scenes and in an ep where Matthew (who Jeffrey often seems like a prince in contrast to) was being a genuinely good guy/dad made it even sweeter.

• Members

I don't think they will- he'll be redeemable. I doubt they want to let go of Corbin if he's willing to stay so they won't go full blown psycho. I get the sense he's a puppet who got dragged into this but I do hope he causes some trouble in his own right. Perfect Jeffrey and especially perfect Jeffrey with sweet Destiny could have gotten dull (although to Corbin's credit, he's kept him interesting thus far without any hint of this coming in the portrayal). Now I feel like we have a ballgame.

• Members

They eloped offscreen.

I loved it, but I wouldn't want to be beholden to it. It's easy enough to say the Todds "died" on their way back to their home planet as this story progresses to free up the ladies Lord for the future, leaving the door open to bring them back later.

• Members

I just hope that if they can't get a significant commitment from Roger and Trevor next time, they invest in giving both Blair and Téa new romances. That's what Dixie, Zach, etc. got on AMC and it's been liberating, even if those pairings are still very embryonic and could go either way. It's something new. I love their pairings with the Todds and think there is still a rich wealth of story, but the fact is that if they won't show up for long you cannot continue to let the show be hamstrung by them.

Sure, you can keep the women in the story, hunting the tattoo people - when Blair went after Mitch over Todd back in 2003 nothing could stop her. But you can build on new relationships, and keep Todd and Victor "dead" but in reserve for the future. While I'd prefer all-new, unique men, I might even be up for another R.J. and Téa redux if they write it properly.

• Members

Now, as to Episode 48:

I am not here to watch Matthew apologize profusely to this crazy ho. I assume she gets her comeuppance next episode. I will agree that Gorrie and LH had great chemistry still. Matthew and Dani is my couple, but I am all for Matthew and Destiny as well. They needed to be spending a lot more time together before now, and hopefully this augurs good things.

It's funny listening to Clint berate Bo about his job and Asa, when I just rewatched bits of the Asa memorial episodes from 2007 last night, with pre-Asafication Clint telling Bo that Asa had loved him, was proud of the job Bo did, and was secretly jealous of him. Now Clint's become Asa in so many ways. I think that evolution makes sense, but it's just fascinating to see Clint pulling out the exact same insults Asa used to.

I still don't understand Bruce: Australian Cop. He's cute and all but I'm not clear on what the hell the deal is with him and Cutter and Shelter (DON'T DO IT CBRVA). And BTW, I'm pretty sure Bruce and/or Dean Trayger are tattoo people. Bruce is way too nonchalant about Briana, etc.

The Todd stuff was nice because it finally got him out of that [!@#$%^&*] room. Nice scenes with everyone, especially Viki and Dani. And I loved his and Jack's reluctant rapport. I hope that if he returns they get a firm commitment, or they can do what I just suggested upthread. Because of RH's taping schedule a lot of the show is still so disjointed when it comes to his story, and feels it. That needs to change, to the point that I'm almost looking forward to his departure until such time as they can get a handle on this situation.

Cutter and Natalie appear to now be casual fuckbuddies. They're cute, but that story needs to start developing now, please.

I liked Dorian coming over to harangue Viki about MOTY just because, with Jeffrey running interference. I also dug Jack being Dorian's running buddy - it's been so long since we've had that kind of family [!@#$%^&*] on this show, but the new show has brought a lot of it back for the Cramers since the premiere. Andrew was good with Robin and RH.

OLTL at its best really hums and can at times be as cohesive as AMC, but more often than not on its good days it's still got a lot of very loose, disparate threads that either connect or just miss that mark depending on the moment - stories that are half-there, half still shoved in some pipe. This is one of those good days. And the TOLN soaps have enough minor kinks to work out without having to juggle block-taping and actors who either aren't there or have limited airtime. The GH/OLTL actor/character situation has wreaked havoc on a lot of their stories, pacing and rhythms, and if it had had more lead time before the premiere and a clear deal in place it could easily be as cohesive as AMC. It's still a show very much in flux. But it was a good episode. It's just that some stories or things that could be good - the Todd tattoo stuff, the Cutter and Natalie fling - are still feeling slapped together. Others that don't have those external issues - Clint, Viki, Jeffrey, Matthew/Dani/Destiny - work a lot better.

• Members

I would love for RJ to return. And Kevin. And a recast John. The only problem (and I understand why it happened) with devoting so much of this first arc to Todd is that if he's really gone for good (I said IF) then they've built this new program on mist. Very happy TnB fans get their payoff, but I'm left wondering "Now What?"

Two of the three most popular leading ladies on the show are left with very little story other than mothering their children (this regime's pets). The Tattoo Club story seems to be amping up with the addition of more players to the mix. I just find it very uninteresting so far, but perhaps that will change.

And of course my disappointment with Natalie's story colors everything. I just can't get excited knowing what [!@#$%^&*] is coming for her. Blah.

• Members

Sounds like I'm in the minority not wanting Kevin or RJ back.

I've been surprised how much I've enjoyed newcomer Jeffrey. I had forgotten a soap could introduce a smart, intriguing new character and integrate him so smoothy into story. I think OLTL could use with a few more fresh males.

I'm disappointed Natalie is stuck with sleazy Cutter. I'd take a recast of dreary John over Cutter any day. But really I think Natalie deserves a FRESH male and story. When she and Bo were working the murder mystery I was daydreaming she'd go under cover and flesh out Arturo or the Shelter drug ring. I was also disappointed we didn't see more of her and Téa working on the custody case. I want more from Natalie than stuck with Cutter.

As for RH, TPTB always seem to make the mistake of building too much story around him only to have it collapse when he walks... yet again. With RH and TSJ, I'm feeling like PP is stringing fans along,

Archived