TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like him, but I would lose Anders in a second if it meant getting Griffin back for the same story with Dixie. I would find that hotter.

I've heard they are considering who and where to cut going into the next phase. I hope there's not many cuts.

• Members

And if the reason they tweaked the Celia guardian story so much was due to the seasons, they knew about the finales and should have announced it weeks ago. Am I the only one who thinks they were foolish in how they released this information and that they should have said something much sooner.

• Members

If cuts were needed some of my choices

AMC Cuts/Recast

Celia- Cut or recast. JLP struggles but there isn't much to the character. Beyond that I see no chemistry with her and Pete.

Lea- This may have already happened

OLTL Cuts/Recast

Jack- Cut (if kept recast needed)- He's pretty much an island is AT is one of the weakest actors on the show.

David- Cut, He's not bringing much to the show. I don't care about his reality show. Dorian can work as a standalone character

Destiny- Recast, The character is a nice addition to the younger set but LH is clearly out of her league. I rather see a stronger actress in the role versus hoping she'll find her stride.

Arturo- Cut, I like his relationship with Dani but not seeing where he fits on the canvas after they're over.

• Members

Once they cut the episode order to 110 and the 2 episodes per week, there wasn't supposed to be a hiatus. When they had the higher episode order with the four shows per week, there was supposed to be one. Until today they didn't announce that there would be a hiatus, they said they had banked enough episodes until they were back in production in August/September, which wasn't the case.

• Members

I'm confused. Where are we getting that Celia's story was tweaked because of the seasons? I've been assuming it was because of negative feedback.

I'm trying not to read much into this but I could definitely see where now that they have new writers they've decided to re-work some of the more major stories. I could see ditching Bramwell. It's been pretty useless so unless Miranda transfers there and/or Heather becomes a more prominent character I see no reason to hold on to it. I think the story of Celia's guardian still has plenty of potential.

It's funny. Back when all this PP stuff went down I compared these reboots to "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark." I still feel like that's an apt comparison.

• Members

I don't think it was tweaked, but there are certain key scenes that were planned to air with the guardian reveal a week or two ago. They haven't yet. I think they've been pushed to the last week.

I don't think Spider-Man's a really fair comparison. That's just a shitshow.

• Members

Someone made the comment about the Celia story being pushed/tweaked as a season ender. I'm just speculating based on that...but it could be negative feedback also. I do not know.

Considering that Celia isn't even going to Bramwell, they could just have her stop tutoring and have Heather (if they like her) move to Pine Valley High.

Archived