TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was either being coy or it's someone else. (Like Victor and Todd)

But it depends, also, on when that interview was done, as opposed to when it went to press. It could well have been done during block 2 taping.

I'm fine with seasons in principle - the shows have been talking about breaking the shows into seasons from the start. I don't mind a telenovela-style format, because those shows are extremely successful and as much as I love 5 days a week year round, I will take 3-5 days a week for 20 to 40 shows to streamline the form and the medium for a digital age and a digital budget. I just want to know that they're going back into production as planned.

There's also the latest rumor about their supposedly talking to ABC, which is just wacky.

• Members

Competition is fierce out there in Soap Land. The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences probably has rules in place for Daytime Soaps. AMC and OLTL might not be eligible in the future because they might not qualify based on lack of a minimum of episodes done in a judging period like all the rest of the network soaps who provide shows year around. The type of business model just might take AMC and OLTL out of it competition wise.

Keep experimenting and that shows instability and indecisiveness. Can't make a decision. Can't stick to the plan. Go back on their word and all the promotional objectives once held are gone.

Fans still want year around soaps.

I speak for myself. Just giving my own viewpoints and call it as I see it.

• Members

Linda, it's a digital product in a new medium that does not have the massive budget of a network soap. These shows also had a very swift timetable to get up and back on the air before losing their option. What exactly is your alternative strategy to their continuing to refine their schedule and product?

• Members

Things I want to know.

1. Will there still be 110 episodes? (They just said there will be a second season...but nothing more...)

2. If they knew weeks ago that there were only 40 episodes in the can, and knew they were only going to start filming OLTL again in September, why wasn't the season finale date announced then? Did no one do the math? (We never were given specific numbers of episodes completed on the record except they said there were enough banked before they resume production again, which obviously not true.)

• Members

If they dropped them all at the same time, it would kill discussion and buzz. 40 episode seasons being like prime time well let's hope the people writing these new episodes were told this and they didn't except to write them as daytime shows.

• Members

This does make sense as to why the Celia guardian story has been tweaked so much, I bet that's one of the big season finale cliffhangers. I'm curious if they're going to do anything with Jane's identity before the season finale or if they're going to hold off on that until season two.

Archived