TOLN Announces Season Finales of AMC/OLTL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah that's why I'm confused by this. There was a picture of Susan Haskell winning her Emmy on the Instagram a few weeks ago and other than showing famous people that have been on the show for the anniversary celebration, they haven't shown ex-castmembers on their images in a while so I thought something might be up with her, especially cause we know they approached her in the past about coming back.

• Members

The answers are simple (if aggravating) - they have been prepping a new release schedule and reconsidering a new production/release model for some time. There's also a lot of murmurings around about who might pick them up in future. I knew it was coming very soon, but I'm mildly surprised it's coming this fast.

This break gives them room to breathe in terms of production, for both shows. AMC is taping this month, OLTL early next. If they'd continued non-stop they would've been cutting it very close to the point of exhaustion.

I know that some online love to mock every break from the same old daytime norm that these shows take, but I'd rather they keep experimenting with their new forms to get it right and keep these shows financially viable for them than try to emulate the network scheduling and die.

My bet is late September/early October for a return. And likely release in 20-40 episodes blocks after that. Hopefully 40. I don't think 20 is enough.

• Members

Well, looking at the FaceBook site and some very unhappy campers over there. Questions, questions. PP reassured longtime fans who are used to year around shows (4-5 episodes per week) that they recognize the importance of keeping them on board while encouraging new viewers to the show too. Fans want more, not less. If fans want less, then they don't want a show.

Archived