• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No I didn't say that- I was just telling Rhino that she mentioned a Natalie story, which made me think there might be a focus on her. I know you are eagerly waiting for more Cutter developments.

I so agree- I never had strong feelings one way or the other on ABC ( saw potential but didn't like most of what they gave her to do) but she's just consistently fantastic & compelling. I actually felt compelled to write Jeff K about how much I'm enjoying her on the reboot- I haven't written to TPTB in many, many years, let alone a letter that was praising something a show was doing. Of course he is probably being bombarded with schedule change emails and will never see it- oh well.

• Members

We need Jessica and River (save Blake Berris from DAYS!) back to re-build that age group. It's boring seeing Nat do nothing and also Cutter doing nothing. That's my biggest complaint with the show right now. People repeating scenes. I agree with others here that Dani is actually the saving grace from the atrocious yAwn-Team.

• Members

River could be a good addition. I love Dani but I don't see her as the saving grace- I think the younger characters and the Clint/Viki stuff is where the show is excelling right now. I think their dynamic has gotten extemely soapy the past month or so- You have Michelle spinning a bunch of lies & Dani & Jeffrey on to her which is unnerving her & causing her to show the slighest early shades of crazy. There's Dani secretively running out the door to meet this mysterious man with whom she has insane chemistry. Jeffrey's getting mysterious letters from his "benefactor." Jeffrey & Destiny have this sweet, flirty, light up around each other thing. Matthew & Destiny have a ton of hurt/resentment and a toddler but occasionally look at each other like they just want to forget all of that and fall into each other's arms. Matthew & Dani have a major attraction going but seemingly no clue its mutual or what to do with it because of the history/strong friendship they've developed. They built this all slowly (and yes some of it was a little too much nothing in the beginning) but now its all about to ram together like colliding trains and I can't wait. I enjoy the other characters & appreciate balance but I just feel like this has been plotted the best so far. Its moving- they're not having the same conversations 10 times.

• Members

I sort of agree (except I feel the Todd story is the one that STILL needs to jump into full gear the quickest.)

I did think these were two great episodes, but yeah--if the traditional soap structure is meant to be have three pots going at once--the frontburner on full blast and just as that climaxes the second one goes on full blast then the third, etc. But right now it feels like all of the pots are simmering up (if that made ANY sense.)

I liked Arturo (who is beyond weird) and Dani too. I sorta wondered why Dani thought nothing of being at a restaurant/'bar owned by Blair but was SO much more worried about Tea.

Are they building up drug dealer Dean to be a bigger character?

• Members

I liked Jeffrey and Michelle snarking at each other, but you could've cut into both that stuff and the David stuff - his lines were hilarious ("I need neither food nor drink", his sense memory, etc.) but it wasn't necessary. I wanted a lot more of Cutter and Natalie and their date, which was neat but brief. They started having a conversation they really need to have. I'm not sure how much she even knows about him and Kim/Aubrey, Alex, etc. I hope they don't abandon the Cutter thing when they move into whatever new story they have planned for Nat - I think their dynamic is really intriguing.

As funny as David is and as amusing as Schulenberg is as Jo, I just am not in the mood for another story about David and Dorian having wacky relationship woes with a comedy backdrop. Ron Carlivati went to that well at least five times in the last six years. I'd rather he get back into more active scheming, either with Dorian or with Rama and company - the early stuff in May where he was basically Dorian's consiglieri was a lot more interesting for me. Rama also needs more to do.

I'm not even going to comment on Viki and Natalie going on and on about Viki losing "everything" with that five mil. That is far from everything she has - and they semi-acknowledged that a couple weeks ago when this all went down, so they need to stop circling that idea. I just hope the Banner story continues. It's at least on pause at the moment, but I have faith they'll continue playing with the paper since both Jeffrey and Destiny work there. Jeff also needs more to do on the show outside of hopping all over his friends. You know we're in a strange new world of soaps when I find myself looking forward to more Paolo Seganti, Marnie Schulenberg and

As for Seganti, yeah, the Dani and Bandini stuff was nice. I just hope they don't move it along too fast.

I have no idea what the deal is with Dean Trayger. I thought he'd worked at Shelter in some way - wasn't he the one who introduced Cutter to their new security in Week 1? Now he's a real estate guy? What is his situation? He's an interesting actor but he is kind of a fourth-stringer to consider putting with Téa, character-wise. But I'm not against them playing with it for now if it gets FL more to do. I did enjoy Blair and Téa (and Dorian) drinking at the bar, though - I spotted a SN episode from 2011 a few days ago with the two of them doing just that back at Capricorn and was just thinking that I missed it.

Decent episode, but still kind of meandering. Next week looks fun.

Archived