• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So no one posted anything about these episodes except about the writing and directing on Monday on the east coast. That's just crazy.

Blair and Todd had more sex...

Jack has to read a Tale of Two Cities, am I the only one who thinks that is somewhat appropriate?

Dani went out with Arturo again.

Clint was drunk in his office and Matthew seemed human.

Natalie sided with Clint at first, and Dorian and Viki got along for a few moments.

• Members

I think it's a great episode, better than the first AMC one. I'm getting to the first round of them now.

I'll save my AMC comments for both of them later in the week, but I really dug this. Was the first episode the first one sans Horgan? It really moved and had a lot of nice intergenerational stuff.

Loved Todd and Blair, obviously. And I thought AT did fine in his angry scenes, particularly at the end. He couldn't have done that on the ABC show - he was barely capable of the emotional range of a toaster back then. Todd and Blair obviously have an anvil hanging over their heads, but that's their way. I think it will go differently this time, at least in terms of how and why they are likely forced to separate - I think it'll be on par with Victor's having to leave Téa - and that's what counts. I don't know what the two Todds' future status with the show will be going into the next taping blocks, but if they can't be around on a semi-regular basis it will obviously behoove the show to move at least Téa on for awhile if not Blair as well. (FL not having a bigger story is killing me.) I do wish someone would finally remind Jack that half the [!@#$%^&*] he's likely lumping in under "Todd" re: what Todd did to Blair is actually [!@#$%^&*] Victor-as-Todd did to her and their family. Even if Jack says something like "well, that's because he was programmed to be Todd" - which is a perfectly reasonable rationale from his POV, and likely others - that would at least be an onscreen discussion which I think needs to happen. They need to talk about both men and those years.

Liked the Dani and Téa stuff but what really interested me was Bandini at the LPD. Whether or not he's also a tattoo dude, he's almost certainly a little nuts and possessive. I never thought this story would work with Seganti but it really does. And the creepy dark flashbacks of him and Briana almost in a void at Shelter reminded me so much of the strange, weird flashbacks they did on the show (and other shows like OLTL) back in the '70s or early '80s episodes I've seen - reminded me of stuff like Dr. Ivan Kipling's fantasies and flashbacks about Karen Wolek, his wife, etc. That kind of stuff was more common back then, and the tone was strange and off. And I really liked it.

Drunk Clint is already fantastic. I really liked his stuff with Matthew. That was needed for both of them. I can't imagine how Clint made Man of the Year after being under house arrest, but I'm looking forward to this [!@#$%^&*]. It's getting good. When Clint mentioned other women my first thought, admittedly, was Kim Andrews. I'm pretty sure Amanda Setton is unavailable but when this all goes pear-shaped, I don't believe "Kimberly" wouldn't come calling.

Also, I know these shows are in their infancy and budgets are tight, but this whole "Viki and Clint - their home offices! Sort of! Psych, this is their actual office at work!" thing has got to stop. I didn't believe that Viki's "office" - which was fine for a home office - was actually at the Banner when even the corridor looks like Llanfair through and through, and I didn't believe Clint's "home office" was at BE either, which is where I'm sure they expect us to believe it was though they've yet to say so. Fix the offices.

Shaun and Jack cracked me up.

• Members

Both OLTLs and the 2nd AMC this week were pretty close to soap nirvana for me- multigenerational family stuff, friendships stuff, just playing beats that should be played. And I so appreciate eps where when they don't throw every single character into the 24 minutes. The 50 minutes of OLTL really flew by- I think the pacing issues that were so significant late may/early June are really improving more and more each week- and even though its really surprised me, I think things really started working across the board for me with the arrivals of Bandini and Michelle.

I had the exact same immediate thought of Kim when Clint was talking about women wanting him. With Clint's office, I have to believe that was at the Buch mansion- didn't Nigel appear there last week? Does Nigel go with Clint to BE? I'm just going with home office- drunk Clint working from home. I can semi-deal with Viki's office if I don't think too much.

• Members

Why don't OLTL and AMC have the same number of listed episodes?

Episode 42:

Clint: I cant talk to you, your Bo's kid" LOL. I liked that the two got to interact

Man of the Year award? Its supposed to be Women of the Year with a disaster to follow :lol;

Also love that Dani and Tea got some one on one scenes. Im still hoping that Tea is pregnant. It would almost make up for the travesty that GH did to her

OMG, Dorian was absiolutely annoying in her scene with Viki. Im surprised Viki didn't throw her out bc she was all up in her business. "You and I are in the same boat, except, Im not broke" She was throwing all types of shade

Go Jack. Love that he blasted Todd. Of course Todd would get a kick out of that. Its too bad Vic is gone. Blair is such an idiot. Jack was speaking truth to her about all the pain he's put her through and that so man things wrong in their lives trace back to him.

Episode 43

Man the two episodes a week for the most part is working for me but its completely killed any momentum that the Victor story has. I cant believe they are still talking about setting up a fake dead body. That hasn't been found yet. Luckily I guess it looks like there will be some movement next week, but really this is progressing so slow. I still don't know what they hope to accomplish with this as it makes no sense to me

David's back to being over the top and annoying in the process. I wish they'd kill this reality angle

Natalie looked hot in her black dress and her hair was amazing. I liked she and Cutter getting to know each other better but again they need an actual story instead of just scenes which have no plot. I liked her telling him not to try to play games with her

Just realized theres so many gingers on this cast. Natalie, Nora, Michelle, Dorian.

LMAO at Dorian blasting Rama and giving her the hand. I love how Cutter handled Dorian. It was pretty presumptuous of her to just think she could get him to fire Rama.

I don't like Dani with this Arturo guy. She's headed for trouble. She looks waaaayyy to young for him. Tea will freak when she finds out and Im actually interested in seeing Todd's reaction to this.

I think dumping all the episodes on one day is just too much. The way I pace myself is watch AMC on Monday and save OLTL for later in the week

• Members

I like the stuff with Arturo & Dani. Can't wait for Tea to find out.

Can't stand Todd. He had a smirk on his face when Jack walked in on him and Blair. Blair is so stupid as usual. She'll never change. I like that Jack is loyal to his real father.

Jeffrey is such a jerk to Michelle but this girl is so going to go psycho in a few months especially since Matthew took her virginity.

Love drunk Clint.

David and the reality stuff is so annoying.

• Members

Was too crazy over watching the royal baby hospital door feed yesterday to pay attention to dialogue/comment coherently (I know, I know I'm one of those annoying people) so just rewatched.

Ep 42

--Dorian looks lovely in this ep. Its making me forget that wig of the first few weeks

--As much of a Matthew is being annoyingly naive with this Michelle situation, he was all kinds of sweet/hot in that first scene with Michelle. I'm excited for when we finally get him in romantic scenes with one of the girls we are invested in.

--Really good ep for Jack- the Shaun stuff was fun and I liked him finding TnB and his refusal to buy Blair's but he's my soulmate rationale. TnB were lovely like Vee said but I'm a bit distracted in their scenes trying to figure out how he'll leave and where that leaves Blair. Loved her saying they don't do normal.

--I saw a lot of hate on twitter etc. for the Arturo flashback stuff but I liked it & I'm enjoying Bo trying to crack this case

--Liked Dani/Tea & Viki/Nat- are we going somewhere with this Tea panic attack thing? I hope so.

--Drunk Clint is amazing and going to get more epic from here. I cannot wait for this Man of the Year thing. Cannot wait. Liked Matthew taking his booze and telling him the 5 million was romantic- their Buchanan men dynamic is really good. Loved Clint's smile for the photographer & telling Matthew how many women wanted him. I want more of these two in scenes- liked his man up speech to Matthew regarding Drew early on and liked Matthew getting him to where he needed to be in this ep.

--Loved exasperated Viki with Dorian & then Dorian trying to share with her about David. Every time Erika Slezak kept trying to redirect to working on the program, I died.

Ep 43

--I know not everyone loves OTT David but he did make me laugh in the opening scene. I really like Marnie Schulenberg's presence= she's confident and fun and a litle snarky.

--Melissa Archer is beyond gorgeous in this ep. Nice getting Viki's take on the Clint break-up to Nat- good parallel with the Clint explaining his take to Matthew in the prior ep. This week was really strong on the family dynamics, which I love.

--How long was Matthew in London? I thought he was there for a brief time when he was paralyzed but I could be forgetting something- oh well glad he and Jeffrey had time to travel around finding all these cheap eats. Michelle's claws came out like 5 seconds after she felt left out of the conversation- I expected a little more of her trying to get on Jeffrey's good side since she knows she doesn't have Dani in her corner but I guess she figures she's in control now that she's sleeping with him. Corbin Bleu was too funny with both the lines and the faces- you're like a big piece of bubblegum etc.- I need more Jeffrey snark more often. I hope when she's full blown crazy, its mentioned that it was curious reporter Jeffrey who insisted Matthew meet her

--Dorian fawning over Tea- "I LOVE her"- was very funny to me for some reason. I'm not sure exactly what I want them to do with Dorian story-wise but I like that she's popping up all over the canvas in her Dorian way.

-The Dani/Arturo stuff has me riveted. This is the first time I really felt the need for an additional restaurant set- Dani obviously isn't sharing the Arturo friendship with tea or the roommates but she meets him for dinner at Shelter where any number of people she knows are likely to pop up plus Blair owns it. But I loved her hiding under the menu. And all of their subsequent scenes that were lighter than their previous stuff. That's the happiest/most relaxed we've seen her since the show started & Dani was due for some happy stuff.

--Liked that the Nat/Cutter scene had a bit more substance with them talking about their childhoods. But once again super short. Its almost like the writers are worried about the Jolie fans revolting if they go full force with them? I like a slow built but I can see how Natalie fans might feel like they're getting shortchanged

All kinds of excited by the roommates discovering Dani/Arturo and more drunk Clint in the preview.

• Members

I resent that Natalie's story is so Cutter centric. I hate that character and the only reason Natalie is being stuck with the slimebag is because he's the only age appropriate male on the show. I do also resent that she's not being given more to do and have more screentime, but if it's all going to be about that relationship, I hope she is almost never on. There is no way they can develop that whatever that will make it more palatable for me. And it's not about John. That's the easy solution people always want to turn to when a story doesn't work. Natalie wouldn't have anything to do with Cutter under any circumstances because of his history with her family and all the things he's done to them. I loved Jared and Natalie. This isn't the same thing.

ETA: I don't actually hate Cutter. I hate him for Natalie because of his history. Enjoyed his scenes with Dorian. I like his relationships with Nikki and Rama. There's a room for bad boys and I can like them. This story for Natalie is so redundant. Been done many times before for her. Jolie is dead and gone, but that doesn't mean I have to like this. I don't.

• Members

Natalie doesn't seem to have a story with Cutter. All I see is a collection of scenes but there is no actual plot there at all. I wish they'd give then a story bc I do like them but as it stands there isn't any substance or direction to what they are given

Archived