Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

YRBB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a good point about Heath Legder. I was one of those people that said "The Dude from Brokeback Mountain's going to play the Joker?" I was wrong and he proved to be an amazing Joker. I suppose Ben could surprise everyone and pull off a great Batman.

A ten episode deal for Bryan as Lex makes sense. Make him the main bad guy that ties all the heroes together and bring about the Justice League. 13 epsiodes for Ben as Batman? That seems very high. I was guessing more like 8, The Batman & Superman movie, 3 Justice League Movies, 3 Batman movies, a throw in a few more. That's what makes me surprised Ben took the role. He's going to be playing Batman for at least the next 10 years, not going to have as much time to write & direct his own movies like he's been doing.

• Members

I honestly dont' remember people doubting Heath Ledger. For me it was more "wait and see". Jack Nicholson wasn't that iconic in the role so I was more than willing to give Heath a chance.

Ben Affleck on the other hand? He did an amazing job with Argo and he seems like a wonderful human being (and a nice husband to boot) but he needs to stay far away from this film. The ONLY thing that could have been worse than casting him would be to cast Ryan Reynolds and his cursed butt.

I'm very very worried about the film right now. This was just not the right move given all the bad attention surrounding the decision...

• Members

Ugh, I cannot stand Ben Affleck. He is such an horrible actor. He was laughable in DareDevil which makes him perfect for Batman though. Christian Bale who is an actor I have always loved was always too good for the role, but it made him in Hollywood so much thanks to Chris Nolan. Time for Bale to do other things. I think that this Superman/Batman movie will be a big hit and Affleck will finally have a franchise which will convince him that he is not subpar compared to Matt Damon as an actor although he really is.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

This is trying to do too much too soon. Marvel took its time doing all the individual movies building up to Avengers, this is just throwing everything but the kitchen sink into one movie hoping to make it an event. Plus you have a recast Batman so it isn't even like the Avengers where known stars come together, and the WW actress needs to do some bulking up. I assume now they will make her sufficiently glum to fit in with Superman and Batman.

• Members

Now Wonder Woman's going to be in this thing too? Well [!@#$%^&*], let's just throw in Flash and Green Lantern while we're at it and re-name movie Justice League.

I really don't like that Batman and Superman have all (multiple times) have gotten solo/origin films but Wonder-Woman's first major movie appearance is in a Batman-Superman movie. I'd think movies like Hunger Games prove that audiences are okay with female hero led action movies.

• Members

I saw that they added Wonder Woman. The only hope this movie has is that they pick good experience people who remember to interject some humor into the movie because the actors are only half-way decent. Who is directing this? Who is writing the screenplay?. Marvel movies gave some not so experienced people a shot at directly to keep costs down. I don't see how they can do that here.

Archived