"All HER Children"--Agnes Nixon's Biography

• Members

I actually emailed Dan Wakefield about 8 years ago and asked if he kept tabs on the show. (This was right around the time Bianca was raped.) Sadly, he said he hadn't kept up with All My Children in quite some time. But he did say that he would check it out again on my suggestion that the show was at the time experiencing a rebirth. (Of course, McTavish couldn't sustain any stories passed her initial "umbrella" story of Bianca's assault and the show got darker and darker.)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh dear... That was a joke... lol

Wow! I'm impressed--I would have never thought to have done that. It was experiencing a rebirth right around then (Susan even talked about it on The View I remember, and of course Stephen King wrote about it being his fave TV show in Ent Weekly) but yeah, that didn't last...

• Members

"I'm thankful for All My Children. Nothing is better than visiting Pine Valley in the early afternoon. It's been especially exciting there since Babe told Jamie that Bess (who is Babe's baby — sort of — it's complicated) is really Miranda, and Adam turned over the incriminating footage of Jamie to Brooke. I'm not kidding about any of this. And you have to love a soap that has an evil (but dreadfully conflicted) young villain named JR"

http://www.stephenking.nl/kingcolumn/kingcolumn_21.htm

He mentioned in a another piece that when he was drunk all the time and writing non stop that he would always watch AMC.

Archived