Antenna TV Thread

allmc2008

• Members

I love TCFC but I suppose I could use another break to start missing it again. I'm pissed that they're making me choose between Mr. Belvedere and Judge Judy. Choosing between JJ and Murray has already been my Sophie's choice. Honestly, I would do Belvedere and Small Wonder from 5-6pm. I agree with you that not everything needs to be an hour-long block, and frankly, The Ropers and TAC should just be woven into the TC slot as shows that just lasted a season.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still not sold on Small Wonder, but I could accept it and Belvedere paired together. I forget that SW had a lengthy run of nearly 100 episodes.

I agree with you on the TC spin-offs. Bringing them in and out based on TC's schedule was perfect.

The main gripe I have is Newhart being moved to later in the night. I was really getting into it and looking forward to going back to the beginning to make it more of a point to watch every night. I guess with summer coming up, I can just stay up to watch each night.

I absolutely can not wait until I have some free time so I can delve into schedule-creating for sh!ts and giggles. When I was a kid, I used to pride myself in creating the perfect schedule for various fictional classic TV channels. Dorky as all hell, but fun.

• Members

I really would like to adopt Vicki from Small Wonder she could do all my housework and shopping I would also like for her to drive me around however that wouldn't work if we got pulled over by the police and they asked for her driver's license.

wink.png

• Members

Not sure how I feel about the new schedule. I like that The Jeffersons are finally coming and it's airing after AITF. I like the early evening slot for Three's Company. I like the time for One Day at a Time. Other than that it's just a lot of somewhat pointless shuffling around of the same shows.

• Members

Official schedule posted on Facebook. Here's Saturday and Sunday (again, Central time)

6am: The Three Stooges

7am: SAT: Here Come the Brides / SUN: The Flying Nun

8am-12pm: SAT: E/I sh!t / SUN: Gidget, The Monkees, Green Acres, The Ropers/Three's a Crowd

12pm: SAT: Adventures of Rin Tin Tin / SUN: Small Wonder

1pm: SAT: Mister Ed / SUN: Bewitched

2pm: SAT: Flipper / SUN: I Dream of Jeannie

3pm: SAT: The Monkees / SUN: All in the Family

4pm: SAT: The Partridge Family / SUN: Maude

5pm: SAT: Small Wonder / SUN: Good Times

6pm: SAT: The Ropers/Three's a Crowd / SUN: The Jeffersons

7pm: SAT: Doogie Howser, M.D. / SUN: Sanford and Son

8pm: SAT: Too Close for Comfort / SUN: One Day at a Time

9pm: Three's Company

10pm: Evening Shade

11pm: Newhart

12am: Mr. Belvedere

1am: Alfred Hitchcock Presents

2am: Jack Benny

3am: Dennis the Menace

4am: Antenna TV Theater

The weekend schedule's changes seem a bit more substantial. SO glad "Flipper" is back! My goal is to watch most of the 2nd and 3rd seasons (already have the 1st on DVD). Also interesting to see the Lear shows so early on Sunday afternoon -- it's been a long, long time since I've seen AITF as a daytime show. As much as I love the Lear shows, I can't wait to see if Antenna ever transitions them to other parts of the day full-time and let other shows shine in primetime.

• Members

Y'all, I'm extremely worried about ODAAT and TJ after seeing a promo just now. For whatever reason, since The Ropers and TAC have been airing in their own timeslots, The Ropers has been "filmized" and looks horrible (like what's been done to Soul Train on various stations). ODAAT, in the promo, had the same look, which leads me to wonder if they'll be airing it the same way when it joins. I hope not! I don't think any of the other videotape shows have the film look, but who knows.

Meanwhile, the series finale of Mr. Belvedere aired this past week, and though it was all very rushed, JEEZ the final moments had me a mess. Mr. Belvedere's goodbyes to each of the Owens family members were well-done, but Wesley's "You know I'm saying goodbye to my best friend" was the tipping point. Exquisite.

• Members

Ah yes, I also caught that this week and remembered watching it when it first aired. It kind of amazes me how quickly they burned through the entire series, and watching Wesley mature, get braces, hearing his voice change, at such a rate of speed was something else. It's been over ten years, but I remember People magazine doing a child star Where Are They Now? spread with Bryce grinning with his wife and baby. I was so sad when Christopher Hewitt passed away, I really wanted to see Mr. Belvedere pop up somewhere on my television once again.

One thing I failed to remember about the series was how rough they were on eff up Kevin.

Someone mentioned Hazel upthread. A few weeks ago, I saw an audition notice for a Broadway production of Hazel the musical directed by Lucie Arnaz.

I've been missing my Alfred Hitchcock. I wish they did one Doogie and one Hitchcock.

• Members

Yeah, they really screwed up with Kevin. He was a pretty good character early on, but they just made him dumber and dumber, especially after he went to college. It's not even like in the realm of Chrissy Snow dumb where he just says dumb things -- he just kept making stupid mistakes over and over again. I caught one of the last few episodes, and for whatever reason, they attempted to latch him on to an elderly woman who lived in his building. Clearly a desperate but embarrassing attempt at the show having their own Sophia Petrillo, but the actress was just too old and slow for it to work. They could have done a lot of good things with Kevin, but alas. The heart of the show for me was always Wesley/Belvedere and their dynamics. Early on, it was all about them bitching at each other, but TPTB did wonders with the layers they added to them. Wesley T. Owens is definitely one of my fave TV kids of all times now. He was just a really well-written and well-acted character.

I miss Hitchcock being on at an earlier time. I do like the concept of the late-night suspense block, though.

• Members

Yes, Mrs. Checchini! I Googled the actress just the other day just to see what her life story was all about. I remembered her from other guest starring roles. Wow, the Sophia thing never even dawned on me. She did a handful of episodes and the running gag was that she'd "drop" something so Lynn could bend over and get it while she goosed him.

• Members

Mrs. Checchini was too busy trying to catch her breath to get to the punch line on the right beat. Sad.

There's a thread on Sitcoms Online that lists a good bit of the names. My fave is Mr. Belafonte. That would have been a totally different type of show. *imagining the MB theme with a calypso beat*

• Members

Names 4 Bewitched Darrin

http://harpiesbizarre.com/nickname.htm

By Endora:

- Beady eyes

- Charm Boy

- Dagwood

- Dalton

- Dar-Dar

- Darius

- Darwick

- Darwin

- Darwood

- David

- Dawson

- Dear Boy

- Delbert

- Dennis

- Denton

- Derek

- Derwin

- Dexter

- Digby

- Dino

- Dobbin

- Dogwood

- Donald

- Dorian

- Dumbo

- Dum Dum

- Dumpkin

- Duncan

- Durweed

- Durwood

- Featherhead

- Glum-Dum

- Tinker Bell

- What's His Name

- Low-grade mortal

Endora gets Darrin’s name correct 8 times

By Samantha:

Buster

- Darian

- Darwin

- Darwood

- Dorian

- Dumbo

- Dum-Dum

- Durwood

- Knuckle Head

- What's-His-Name

By Mrs. Stephens (Darrn’s mom)

Dobbin

By Serena

Booby

- Ding-A-Ling

- Ding-Dong

- Ding Dong, The 1st

- Dreary

- Dumbo

- Durwood

- Oh, Square One

- Poopsie

- Superboob

- Superfink

- Tall, Dark, and Nothing

- Weirdo

- What's-His-Face

By Maurice:

Darryl

- Darwin

- Darwood

- Dennis

- Denny

- Dobbin

- Dolphin

- Donald

- Duncan

- Dustbin

- Dustin

- Dulphin

Earth-bound Clod

By Uncle Arthur:

- Digby

By Dr. Bombay:

- Darby

- Dobbin

- Durwin

- Durwood

By Larry:

Buddy boy

- Son-of-a-gun

By Santa:

Dennis

By Charlie Harper:

- Dar

By Horace, the bum:

- David

- Desmond

- Dereck

- Donald

By Hedley Partridge:

- Donald

By Professor Phipps, Ashley (Warlock) and Mr. Bobbins (Client)

Durwood

- Buddy boy

- Son-of-a-gun

• Members

Getting to hear that theme song every thirty minutes was like Christmas. Especially when it was the sequence with George doing the slop with Helen. Helen looked like she could have been on a primetime soap when the '80s glam kicked in.

Archived