Antenna TV Thread

allmc2008

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Why the !@#$%^&*] are they starting Newhart with the LAST episode!? Yes, it's one of the most famous finales in television history, but what an awful spoiler for anyone new to the show, and b., it just sets a bad precedent, i.e., "Okay nothing's real and none of this matters, but carry on and enjoy the ride." I dunno...

• Members

I get why they did the Newhart finale first, but yeah, I wasn't crazy about the idea at all, especially since the finale features more of the well-known characters that people will want to tune in for. It was kind of a tease for the people who want to see Michael and Stephanie, etc.

I'm trying to think of other film/tape shows, and idk. I know The Twilight Zone has that handful of taped episodes, but that was well into its run and was done for budget reasons, IIRC.

I'm thinking there had to have been something else in the early 80s.

• Members

Antenna made a post for the late Bonnie Franklin's birthday on Facebook, and they mention ODAAT as joining "later this year." As of now, of all the shows from the original ad, ODAAT, Jeffersons, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties, and Dear John are the ones we're waiting for. It'll be interesting to see what goes when those join (probably in the summer or fall). I just wish they'd do away with the hour-blocks. Some shows definitely merit an hour block, but there are so many that would do fine with just one ep per day (WKRP, Mr. Belvedere, Mister Ed, Patty Duke, Dennis the Menace, Too Close for Comfort), freeing up time to put more shows on.

• Members

I'll laugh so hard if they drop All in the Family after FINALLY adding The Jeffersons. But I have a feeling AITF does well for them.

I like the new afternoon/primetime lineup. Jeannie, Bewitched, Belvedere, Three's Company, WKRP, All in the Family ... love it. I've never been that big of a fan of Leave it to Beaver.

• Members

So, I decided to tune back in to watch the shows that were on during my childhood (Mr. Belvedere, WKRP, Newhart, Doogie Howser) and I can tell that some aren't going to age well for me (Mr. Belvedere and Doogie Howser) while I'll come to full appreciation for others now that I'm an adult (WKRP in Cincinnati (sp?) and Newhart).

• Members

Small Wonder premiere's today :D

64deb9d77cb9c061a8d9ff785da7da60

" data-width="466">

• Members

I've actually been enjoying Mr. Belvedere, and the late 80s family sitcoms aren't usually my thing. It seems to be just a tad bit more adult in its humor, and the shade fests between Belvedere and Wesley, plus Rob Stone's fine ass make it a nifty little show.

I've been snorting coke since 7am in preparation for Small Wonder.

• Members

It airs Monday-Friday at 4pm/4:30 CT, Saturday nights at 10pm/10:30, and Sunday afternoons/evenings at 5pm/5:30. The weekday eps are followed by Three's Company, which makes for a nice little after-work block.

I can't wait for Evening Shade tonight. I saw some of it when it was on CMT but never watched regularly, but I'm really thinking it's my kind of show.

Archived