GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, FrankenTodd and Ava again. Sigh. At least I can tolerate Maura West. I love that she's working but I feel like this role will end up being a dead end for her. She's going to be sacrificed at some point I'm sure.

Wow. Sonny has balls again. Too bad he's yelling at this idiot over Lulu and Dante LOL

That was pretty hideous. She's still wearing it today.

Carly/Sonny could be fun.

• Members

I can't be the only one who is reminded of Leslie Charleson's old quote about the Eckert family in the Quartermaine living room while watching RH, Maura West and KA all over this house.

• Members

Why do you think Maura will be sacrificed? I mean Easton wasn't sacrificed on the altar of Jason. Frodd hasn't been sacrificed. Why would it be so hard to believe that Frank is so whack about Maura that she won't stomp all over the other leading ladies?

• Members

I always assumed - and heard - Maura West was a short-term player. The Ava character is a nefarious Jerome and the scheming temptress who is tempting poor, poor Franco away from Carly and manipulating sweet Kiki. She also, improbably enough, tried to assassinate Franco herself, and while that is okay for Sonny, Carly and Shawn to do it is terrible for her to do.

She's going to die and take the fall to validate Franco and Kiki to the audience, it's just a question of when. Or, RC and Frank will fall so in love with her that someone else will have to go under her wheels to save her, just as others have already done for Franco.

• Members

I think they are already in love with her and I'd heard it was short term by HER choice and they were always trying to persuade her to go on contract. I think they're weaving her throughout the canvas very carefully and that her ties will extend far beyond Franco. Attempted assassination of Franco goes in the plus column. Like Natalie Banks shoving a letter opener in Mitch Laurence's chest. But I've been wrong before.

• Members

The writing is clear! She is to validate that FrankenTodd is not as bad as we want to believe he is. Ava serves no other purpose. I heard some other stuff that seals this, but I will wait for the spoiler and add my tid bit.

Oh sh!t! Part of this is a spoiler, I believe. Gonna edit!

• Members

I think it could go either way with Ava at this point - I've seen Ron and Frank fall so hard for a "get" that they twist everything upside-down not once but twice or thrice to make the character they had initially planned to use to help someone else skate instead. I still lean towards Ava taking the fall for St. Franco, but I know them too well and I know how big a name Maura West is. And she is great in the role. But while Ava is a great character, both characters are scum.

What was particularly interesting today was how DC has finally acknowledged that RH-Franco is a disaster. But it sounds like their angle is going to be "if only OLTL would let Todd go!" Yeah, it's all OLTL's fault for claiming an OLTL character, that's why Franco is here. Ron had no other option.

As I've said before, just Franco as the bad guy a la the Constance Towers Helena recast would work - RH does that very well. Let him be evil, don't try to make his Franco into Todd.

• Members

Exactly Vee. I will be surprised if she's just a fly by. But stranger things have happened. Until further confirmation, I'm thinking she'll have Kelly Cramer soft landings.

I skimmed the DC article. I was surprised at the admission. Ron will be accusing him of being crazy on twitter now. I missed the whole "if only". I'm sick of that argument. Well I was always sick of the presumption that PP should give up their characters. Todd being on OLTL now only cemented my resentment at the presumptuousness of that claim.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what will happen, but I feel like the writing is on the wall and Ava will be thrown to the wolves. Who knows though? Just a gut feeling I have LOL. I hope not. I do like Maura West.

Archived