More AMC & OLTL July 2013 Discussion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did some fast forwarding to hit mostly the recaps/previews & anniversary stuff----it was heavy on OLTL anniversary- some briefly flashed old clips (Viki/Dorian, Bo & Nora's first wedding, gold balloon wedding) & some from 2011- Jack setting The Sun on fire, pregnant Destiny, beloved stuff like that. Erika reads a message from Agnes- but nothing new there, just a little history and anniversary wishes.On AMC end, they talked to Cady about the short film she's making and then quick bits with Vincent and Ray McDonnell(!). One interesting thing, in the recap PART for AMC, one of the scenes shows Bianca having a flashback to an ABC scene so I guess they can do that when the scene calls for it.

• Members

Oh we all think it. Its part of OLTL lore. Though I will say, I saw Agnes speak at an event about a year and a half ago and she talked about the Carla/Clara story in such detail that it was like she had written it that morning. I think she has a lot of pride in her original creation of OLTL but for whatever reason and many reasons, like many fans who watch both of these shows, there's just one of her shows that has her heart over the other.

• Members

I haven't seen More yet, but I will say I think people are often unfair to Agnes about OLTL. Fans often go through that anger process at her when they hear some of the details, and certainly Ellen Holly herself blames Agnes for 'abandoning' the show, but the reality was, it's business. Agnes wanted to get AMC made. OLTL was the pilot program. That was good business. It worked. It created a dynasty on ABC Daytime. She also has a lot of lingering love for those days - I've talked before about her recounting the Carla/Clara storyline in an interview a few years back, and breaking down crying while doing so.

A number of the OLTL staff and cast have recently claimed Agnes was working on their show, consulting as well, and that is what I am curious about, because I don't think she's done that in ages. I believe Agnes herself even said it was nice to be semi-involved at OLTL again, and I don't believe the actors (like Florencia Lozano) would randomly comment on it if it was bullshit - they just brought it up out of thin air. I'm not sure what stories she might be involved in there, but my suspicion is it might be related to the Dani stuff, which is very organic and very fleshed out. Kelley Missal is carrying a lot of the show in her sphere. I hope Agnes does more there, that we feel her imprint a bit more, but who knows - maybe it's just another mirage.

As for Dorian and Victor, it was Ron Carlivati who retconned the 1995 story and had Dorian 'reveal' she killed Victor after all. In classic Ron fashion, the how and why of the re-retcon was never explained. She just said she did it and that was that.

Archived