OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, other than some articles, now outdated, and some CBS press releases, I can't find what the networks daytime ratings are outside of the soaps. Find what Katie did last week. Or The Chew. CBS published figures for The Talk and their game shows along with their soaps in a press release about their daytime line up.

• Members

Yeah, I mean I can't even find out what, say ... Fresh Prince does on TBS for example during the day. LOL. I guess they just aren't released.

I did read that Marie was cancelled on Hallmark and that it averaged around only 48,000 (not that even of a number but it was 48,something) in it's 10 airings a week. It airs at I think noon?

EDIT:

From that article on Marc Berman's ratings website: According to Nielsen, for the week of June 24-30, 2013, while Hallmark Channel averaged 399,000 viewers in Total Day (6:00 a.m. to 5:59 a.m.), the 10 weekday airings of Marie averaged just 48,800 total viewers.

First time I've found what any network does during the day in a long time, LOL. I remember there used to be a list released of SoapNet's progamming and all the airings and their ratings.

• Members

How did you feel about Cris/Natalie? i was not a fan of David Fumero generally- I was too mad when he replaced the first Cris who had the sweet Romeo & Juliet thing with ET Jess and thought the character outlived his shelf life on the show by many (many!) years but I did like Cristian & Nat. Maybe his return would make those who clamor for SE Destiny, Nate, Gigi etc. happy? Not saying I want him back- I'm getting onboard with Cutter/Nat but just throwing it out to get your take since I don't see PP moving Shaun or Vimal out of infrequent recurring territory.

• Members

So yeah, I'm still taking these one episode at a time for the moment. Alternating with AMC.

I am schizophrenic on OLTL at the moment - I think it does have pacing issues, but I also think the time spent on character is really solid. For the first show of the week it opened with some great character stuff with Viki and Nora, Destiny and Natalie, and I loved all of that. It was easy, it was organic, it was classic scenes of people just talking about real stuff. And Laura Harrier seemed very relaxed, very good with both MA and CB. She's less and less awkward. But ultimately what did it happen to for story? Not much, and that is still something of an issue, even if this was likely a Monday or Tuesday show. The key is to find more balance between all the time spent on characters living life vs. pacing and action.

The tattoo guy was really hot, BTW. Also, the Jack/Kate scenes were very well-done - the POV cutting to him focusing on parts of her with his eyes, and his performance as well as hers - it was all solid.

I wish the tattoo storyline would get there quicker. I know they're constrained, but I still haven't an inkling who these people are or how they relate to Allison or Irene.

D&D and Rama - I'm not sure what the point is at the moment.

• Members

I think that if they tone down on airing him in both eps each week that we could still see him through Labor day? That gives them some time. And honestly, I'm confused as hell on his status- I know there was talk of 40 eps from I think Jen Pepperman but its been very cagey/vague on what the real nature of his deal is with both shows.

• Members

Oh yeah. Me too. I've given up speculating about whether he'll be back or not. I have no idea. But I would think there would at least be some kind of break and they wouldn't just jerk him away with nothing like an exit. Although me thinks Franco isn't working out so well on the other show so maybe they'll air him out a little or he could be back sooner than later.

Archived