AMC: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Members

As long as Cady McClain is walking around as Ryan Bittle's mother the standard for laughable is blown to hell. They might as well have a scene with Dixie and Liza in the woods slaughtering a baby deer as part of their youth preserving ritual.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like I said, the show needs to focus on other characters and understand that it is not called The David Hayward show, it is called All My Children. Way, way too much focus on a couple of characters at the expense of the show, overall. This redemption thing with David may not be as exciting as ABC's Dr. Evil, when he was doing wrong/bad. Hopefully the new writing team currently writing new scripts will get the character of David back over to the dark side.

• Members

I haven't even watched today's eps (have willpower to break up AMC & OLTL but not to refrain from these threads!) but I was feeling major fatigue on this plot last week. Its too much everyday- its heavy to take every episode and its at the expense of other stories. Now that she's rescued, we can certainly move away from it for an ep. A rest day (or week now) would do this story and others a lot of good.

• Members

I think part of the problem is the change in scheduling. This story has been front burner for what feels like forever when, if we were still at the 4 eps/week, it would've reached its climate all in one week and the pivot from Cass' imprisonment to J&A's dealing with the aftermath would feel a lot smoother.

• Members

The double dose was good, I like seeing two episode in a row.

Dr. Anders is completely aloof and uncaring, I know doctors have different bedside manners, but he has none at all. And that nerdy way he complimented Dixie was hilarious.

Cassandra being pregnant is a good twist that gives the storyline farther reaching repercussions.

Miranda and Ace have chemistry off the charts, the writers have done a good job with their friendship and how it is so much stronger than just friendship.

JR showing a bit of his dark side bullying that kid was a good scene, but I also liked him in the lighter scenes with Cara, they are the other couple with chemistry off the charts.

• Members

Episode 34

Given Jesse and AJ, if this ep had a title it would've been, "What Happened to Your Face?"

I'm placing my chips on the table. It's going to be the abortion discussion that really causes s-h-i-t to get real between J&A. I know it's become a running joke that Agnes gets credit for everything but this has her fingerprints all over it. Especially given that ABC and McTavish destroyed her groundbreaking story of Erica's abortion. Jesse's disappearing every time Angie turns around reminds me of the way he behaved after the baby switch before the cancellation came.

And speaking of s-h-i-t, nice to see my little potty mouth AJ hasn't been completely neutered. (Suck it pearl clutchers!) That intensity between AJ and Miranda at the beginning was deep. When AJ said "You're my friend. You're my life. I will never let that go." the old school soaper in me got nervous because that's exactly the kind of thing that happens before someone gets killed or goes into one of those "lives hang in the balance" sweeps stories.

I agree that Lindsay looks wonderful. I was concerned about her health at the beginning but now I'm wondering if she'd just come off a stomach flu or something because she just keeps looking better and better. I love JR/Cara. Love them.

• Members

I kind of expected the 4 AMC & OLTL episodes (and maybe even the 2 More episodes) to all be in the top 10 popular episodes oh Hulu today, and it's not even close.

I wonder if yet another schedule change is forthcoming.

• Members

The ep that would be the Monday ep of AMC is in its usual high ranking place. A lot of people maybe don't even know about the schedule change and won't look for OLTL until Tuesday. I know AMC seems a bit stronger overall since the debut but the difference today seem significant and that's all I can think of. Its also possible a lot of fans don't want to do 4 in one day but will eventually watch all 4 or their specific 2- I wonder if some habitual creatures just go for AMC first because its the old ABC order (I did that for like the first two weeks when we were on the 4 day sched) . I watched both OLTLs this morning and wish I had stretched them out. I think next week I may do back to back AMC & OLTL ep 1 on Monday and ep 2 for both shows later in the week. I'm realizing I missed having them as a bloc and think I might like that better than doing both AMCs in one sitting.

Hmm editing later- now both AMCs are high (4&5) to OLTLs 25 & 27- so AMC seems to be doing just fine with the new schedule & probably at least half of OLTL's audience maybe is unaware its even up today. Looking at AMC alone, seems like PP made a good move to ensure people watch both and don't skip the 2nd ep of the week if they didn't love the first one or get busy with non soap life.

• Members

I have to assume that's the issue. That people don't realize OLTL is up today. I have no interest in watching OLTL but I find it hard to believe that there's that much of a gap in viewership.

I noticed that OLTL is in the top scrolling menu while AMC isn't. IMO that's a good move. I think they would do well to make it the first or second screen instead of the seventh which is where it is now.

ETA: Although now that I look at the commentary in the OLTL thread maybe there's more to it.

• Members

More pregnancy by rape stories :( This seems to have become some type of legacy on AMC. I don't know if I can watch this.

I think Jamie Luner could pass as this Colby's mother, but I'm not sure what purpose Liza would serve.

Archived