Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Members

AM annoys me. Mostly that this year she always has something to say especially about casting when she's been in a high position at CBS Daytime for awhile now and wasn't saying anything when actors from all the different soaps were being heavily pushed on Y&R and MAB/Hamner/Sheffer were on a mission to destroy the show.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been watching this show at all - too much of too many characters I don't care about, not enough of characters I do but what is going on with Nelson Branco's rant on Twitter? It's been pretty damn vicious and is he implying that someone from Y&R assaulted him at the Emmys?

• Members

I don't buy any of these soaps live or die on one character/actor, never have. While a popular actor's departure voluntary or forced can be a serious loss, the impact depends on the state of the show overall and it is the ratings that tell that story not bitter fans or bitchy soap columnists.

I don't get where AM has suddenly appeared from. Is she new? Where was she when MAB was running Y&R into the ground? How come she all so chatty now? The only useful thing that she can do for me is get them to put Beth Maitland back on contract and bring back Colleen.

• Members

That is exactly what I thought seeing all this tomfoolery on my twitter feed. Although god knows what twitter shenanigans would occur if a save GH movement was directed at Ron on twitter...Is Y&R really a mess right now? I've been flipping it on occasionally but it left Soapnet and I don't get TVGN. It seemed like the Summer paternity secret had potential and I was pleasantly surprised to see Billy & Chloe sharing scenes.

• Members

Y&R is better under JG and JFP than MAB, but that is not hard manage. They have cast some nice younger actors, but they are not used well. Overall, the stories are tedious and characters' actions nonsensical.

The current huge story, Summer's paternity has been sabotaged by bad plotting and atrocious performances from JM and MS. However, based on the promo, Peter Bergman is galloping on his white horse at a furious pace to save the story and Hunter King is determined to help him out.

I am hoping that Billy and Chloe are not just a wind up. JG was there when they were first together so maybe he is trying them back together. He has gotten Chloe out of that dreadful marriage to Kevin which suggests that he likes EH who was featured more when he was there.

• Members

At least Sharon Case has some help now carrying that paternity story. JM deserves to be backburned for all the bad acting he did to tank this story. I don't care how he feels about MS leaving he should be giving a hundred percent. EB has an ego but I don't think I've ever seen him tank a story

• Members

Not that it will ever happen, but currently, Y&R's problems are easily fixable if another writer with some talent and imagination came in. The show isn't great, but it's not overwhelmingly damaged either (as was the case with the last regime).

The same cannot be said for most of what MAB and company inflicted for over 5 years.

Archived