Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

got to say this is quite sad... some people are saying it's Jill and Josh's fault Michelle Stafford left Y&R, and they are calling him a hack saying he ruined the soap and that he's the worst, and yet these are the same people who say that Cartini are soap gods

• Members

JG is currently the lesser of many evils (do these people not remember MAB and Hogan Sheffer?!). At this point, there's got to be a gripe about pretty much any daytime soap writer with a resume these days.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't see any young writers fresh out of prestigious writing programs rushing to write for daytime, and one reason may be because while some writers are skewered for somewhat boring but benign stories, you have the ridiculous storylines on shows like GH being praised like it's the best of Downton Abbey. It's embarrassing to those of us who remember what good writing used to be.

I agree that it is laughable that some are wailing about how terrible JG is but that it was perfectly acceptable for a certain character to poke his own eyes with needles, parade around in a frock that resembled that of a dead woman, and another character throw a woman out of an ambulance. Not to mention starting a romance between a woman and a man who grabbed an infant out of a delirious woman's arms and placed her in the hands of another fragile woman. Wuthering Heights, it is not.

I can't take most of these so called called media seriously, they've obviously got their favorites and their personal agendas. One look at some of their twitter feeds and you see the constant attempts at ingratiating themselves with certain HW. We all know who they are so there's no need for me to cite examples.

• Members

That's so petty!

There was a time that people didn't even have spoiler, it's not like it's a Constitutional right or something. Kind of ridiculous.

I don't even pay much attention to spoilers these days, except for Y&R and it's pretty much next day spoilers to see what's on.

It is kind of hilarious. And sad at the same time. Quibbling over crumbs.

• Members

Exactly! They are both viscious, nasty people, especially NB, if he feels that you have wronged him or that you won't give him an interview. They have no use for you afterwards. NB in particular is inconsistent in who he directs his hate towards. Angelica McDaniel certainly bears responsibility as to the state of Y&R but ole Nellie loves her because she speaks to him so he won't say anything bad about her. Once she disagrees with him about Y&R, Angelica will be dead to him and he'll make his viscous tweets.

Archived