60 all-time greatest soap moments-TV Guide

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, you know why that "isn't" classic---it wasn't Martha Byrne.

A lot of those choices seem mechanical. It's like someone said of course you have to have Luke and Laura's wedding--TV Guide gave them the cover!! blah blah blah. The old-timey bones they threw ( Jo's pregnancy and Lisa's arrival) seem almost forced. I can picture them groaning at being told they had to represent "grandma's" soaps too. (Ergo, Steve and Betsy don't merit a mention....*swears under breath*) Frick, they don't even mention the Brooks/Y&R/something about people finally sleeping in the same bed or what the fleck ever was so groundbreaking about them in 1973.

*sigh* I mean, I get it--everything's subjective. But it always seems like CBS gets the short end of the stick even though they (arguably) dominate the genre because whoever's doing the list grew up considering them "Grandma's soaps".

• Members

Agreed...really surprised Steve and Betsy's wedding is not on the list. Lucinda losing her company to Connor should have been there too....Roger falling from the balcony on GL should have made it.....it had the Hello Barbara feel....lol....There a LOT of CBS moments missing on this list.

• Members

I would have definitely chosen Bert's talk to Josh (when he was paralyzed and Charita Bauer had lost her leg) for SURE, and Phillip's paternity reveal rather than some of this crap.

Ridge? AWWW, HELL TO THE NO!! That's just insulting.

Archived