AMC: Monday June 23, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

With PP it could mean anything, literally anything at all....could mean more episodes- longer, shorter; could mean TV deal on the horizon, could mean the show will now be performed only as a live musical revue in Stamford tongue.png But hopefully it means good things down the road

Rewatching now that its not 330 am and I'm conscious- have to say I really actually liked the first David/Colby scene where she tells him he should smile more often. David could use a fun friend.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On a positive note, I like the fact that everything is on one page--finding those MORE episodes every week became something of a chore. At least now, there will be no need to consult a search party.

I don't know how many of you know about the changes at Hulu, but PP isn't the only company that has been experiencing turns and twists: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/business/media/hulu-seeking-a-buyer-may-shift-course.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I just wonder how this will affect Programming on the Hulu site, including PP shows.

Is anyone experiencing 'screwiness' with their posts lately?

I just had to edit my post because the last sentence disappeared after clicked on the Submit/Post button.

Weird. In addition to double posts and the occasional delayed submission.

• Members

Great show. A lot of Agnes, I thought, in it - Joe and Billy Clyde, Billy passing the torch to his girl, Opal and Pete, which was wonderful - the washtub bit was great. All great stuff. I just about died when whatserface (Candy Delight? Is that her name?) assumed Joe was angling for a shot at Tuggle. We're not on ABC anymore. Ray McDonnell is a great sport.

I love Cady McClain, I do, and I am so glad she is here but every time they try to have Dixie play therapist I just am reminded of Tracy Morgan as Star Jones on SNL's parody of The View - "I'm a lawyah!" It's a bit of a goof. I hope that will improve. Maybe give her something to do as a therapist where she is not obviously wrong or enabling with every passing moment.

Colby had a few good beats early on in the episode before reverting to full drag queen. She still needs to stop the OTT vamping before I can get a real gauge on her ability. But the dialogue was solid and the love scene with David was quite good, though not a patch on Pete and Colby (or David and Cara in the pilot). I also really continue to enjoy the David/Pete interplay in business, as uneasy rivals. They both share a certain killer instinct, which is what they respect about each other. And I cannot wait for the Brooke interview. They have got to let that play onscreen. I'm a little confused by the preview, where they say Colby may be Dimitri's other assistant - didn't Brooke offer Colby editorship at Teen Tempo?

Jesse is still an idiot. But the last scene with Angie comforting Cass got me welling up.

Who knows what Jane's story is, but I am intrigued she actually has one. Maybe next they'll shock me by giving Griffin something. Poor Griffin.

• Members

At least Griff is in that shot they released--not that that means anything.

"They have got to let that play onscreen. I'm a little confused by the preview, where they say Colby may be Dimitri's other assistant - didn't Brooke offer Colby editorship at Teen Tempo?"

And she strongly turned it down. I suppose this is a, rather admittedly contrived way to get her and Celia together.

• Members

OMG! Colby & David. Just scandalous. Unreal. He delivered her. They've GOT to bring back Jamie Luner for this! I mean really?! Does Colby know they've boinked a few times?

I did think the scenes were hot. I'm glad David got some action after 5 years biggrin.png

Is it just me or does BN/Colby not know how to walk properly (in any kind of shoe)? tongue.png I sense her lavishly strutting low key struggling every time.

Where were Colby & David at in that first scene when they were having the drinks?

Cady's acting still isn't great. She's so stiff to me this time around. It still seems like she's up in the clouds somewhere w/no clue where she's at, just practicing her lines! That scene with Dr. Joe didn't have as big of an impact on me as I would've expected.

Dr. Joe saying he doesn't swing anywhere was the best moment this show has had so far for me. Ray delivered that perfectly. LOL!

I am SO PUMPED for the next ep after that preview. Hunter & his lame crew biggrin.png I hope the 'strums on loop.

• Members

Ha, they could just use the 'strum in place of Hunter actually talking, every time he opens his mouth. :)

I think Colby and David were at the same higher scale restaurant/bar where they were with Petey before. Not sure its ever been named (It reminds me a bit of the bar area at the Valley Inn.)

Archived