The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Funny thing is, the video made think of the sitcom because there's a lot of attention to detail, a lot of inside stuff the fans will get, the call backs, and clues.  It's more than just a video to the hardcores.  LOL. It adds another element of it being a game, or a puzzle for us.  She knows us. 

I love it!   The "me-eeeee.......whoooo-whooo-whooo" is stuck in my mind.  I really how  I put the song with WANEGBT and Shake It off - lead singles that don't have the best lyrics, but they're catchy and fun.    It's certainly a lot better than the previous lead single: LWYMMD (though the video is still my all time favourite of hers).   

One of my favourite parts is "Spelling it fun" because loves scrabble and won a spelling bee competition when she was younger.   She's such a dork.  LOL

Yeah, the music production reminds me a bit of Shake It Off - I think it's the drum beats/marching band.    Another production aspect I really like is the "And there's a lot of cool chicks out there" part - the voice is not as loud and there's a bit of distortion.   The song was produced my Joel Little.  I really like this work with Lorde.  This is Taylor's first time working with him.  It was also Taylor's first time working with Dave Meyers who co-directed the video with Taylor (her first).  

"‘ME!’ is a song about embracing your individuality and really celebrating it, and owning it. I think that with a pop song, we have the ability to get a melody stuck in people’s heads, and I want it to be one that makes them feel better about themselves."

• Administrator

LOL at that moment when the cat handler says, "He is available." 

Please register in order to view this content

Then she shows him to her parents like it's her child.  Such sweet moments. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

The album title is okay, I guess.  I would've preferred something different.  LOL  Maybe it'll grow on me.   Excited that there's going to be 18 songs - the most she's ever had on an album.  

Love the opening beats of YNTCD.  The song is another Joel Little production (with Taylor as co-producer).   I have a feeling that the lyrics "Cause shade never made anybody less gay" will be one of the loudest lyrics yelled out at her concerts.  I also like the progression of "step on my gown" to "step on his gown" to "step on our gown."  

I do really like the song, but like Me!, it's not going to be one of my favourites. 

• Administrator

No matter what she does, there's always going to be criticism, even when she's doing really good things.  There's always going to be something to pick apart.  It's the takedown culture we live in now.  She's decided to more political now in support of the LGBTQ community, more than she's ever been before (she's always been, but now it's in a big way).   There's the criticism of her being "too late" or "too much" or "extra" about her support, or doing for sales.   Is she going to stop her support once this album cycle is over?  Hell no.   This is just beginning.....and everyone has to start somewhere. 

Taylor Swift Donates $113,000 to Tennessee Equality Project to Fight Anti-LGBTQ Bills

Taylor Swift Urges Senate to Pass Equality Act in Letter to Tennessee Senator

Petition to Support the Equality Act

This is something that she truly cares about and is now using her voice to try and get things changed for the better.   I'm always going to be proud of her, and this just makes me love her even more.