Toups

The Taylor Swift Thread

On 8/27/2017 at 2:50 AM, AllMyDaysatGH said:

I find everything about this & her embarrassing! Always!

Thank you for being the light in this "Dark." ass tunnel!

I was finished at "I don't like you."

YRBB   

A second single. Oh boy, another divisive one! What do you guys think? Were you ...ready for it? :lol:

Edited by YRBB

DRW50   

If 227 had gotten another season and they'd needed a white friend of Regina King's to try to sing rap, Taylor would have fit right in. 

I guess Taylor can do anything she wants and people will buy it, which must be very freeing, but...it's not for me. It's a nice beat though. 

cct   
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

If 227 had gotten another season and they'd needed a white friend of Regina King's to try to sing rap, Taylor would have fit right in. 

:lol: How oddly specific!

Maaaarrrry.

tumblr_o36hhrAaWa1qlvwnco2_r1_250.gif

Edited by cct

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

You have an effortless bitchiness and a knack for the most random pop culture references.

Combined, it's a beautiful thing to see. 

YRBB   

I do like the beat, pre-chorus & chorus. Not crazy about the rapping but, hey, if I put up with it from Madonna and Kylie Minogue, I suppose it's fine :lol:  Most pop-stars have that moment. lol

34 minutes ago, GSGfan2017 said:

Has Taylor Swift borne an uncanny resemblance to the '80s country-pop singer Juice Newton ("Angel of the Morning," "Queen of Hearts")?

No, and she also has no connection to Marcy Walker or Santa Barbara in any way whatsoever.

On 9/3/2017 at 3:56 PM, cct said:

:lol: How oddly specific!

Maaaarrrry.

tumblr_o36hhrAaWa1qlvwnco2_r1_250.gif

I flove Saundraaaaaaaaaa.....LOL

On 9/3/2017 at 9:38 AM, YRBB said:

A second single. Oh boy, another divisive one! What do you guys think? Were you ...ready for it? :lol:

Love the follow up and the song is already at #1 on Itunes with her first single already at #1 on Billboard.

Toups   
On 9/4/2017 at 0:53 PM, YRBB said:

I do like the beat, pre-chorus & chorus. Not crazy about the rapping but, hey, if I put up with it from Madonna and Kylie Minogue, I suppose it's fine :lol:  Most pop-stars have that moment. lol

The pre-chorus (Touch me, and you'll never be alone: love the meaning behind this lyric) and chorus (In the middle of the night, in my dreams / You should see the things we do, baby / In the middle of the night, in my dreams / I know I'm gonna be with you / So I take my time) are so good!   But my favourite part is the second verse where Taylor raps: "But if I'm a thief then / He can join the heist / And we'll move to an island-and / He can be my jailer / Burton to this Taylor / Every lover known in comparison is a failure."   Love the Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor reference because it fits with T-Swizzle's romantic history.  Genius.   Another part I really like is towards the last pre-chorus where it drops and goes silent for a split second before it kicks to an uptempo chorus "In the middle of the night......."  I like this song a lot better than LWYMMD.   That's two songs in a row now where she's trying new things.  Girl is definitely not playing it safe.

Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' Leaps to No. 1 on Hot 100 With Top Streaming & Sales Week of 2017

Glad to see Despacito break One Sweet Day's record.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:47 PM, Taoboi said:

Minority again because I liked it...and thought she had good rap flow...something that I can admit Madonna does not have.

That second verse is awesome.  :)