The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, Tay-Tay's playing the victim card ("Oh, you want to speak to the old Taylor?  Well, she's dead!") and I, for one, am not having it.  Who (aside from loser boyfriends and Black people) has abused you, girl?  And how, exactly, did they abuse you?

It's as if she thinks her reputation has been ruined; and I'm like Thelma Harper, asking, "What reputation, you tramp?!?".

'Nuff said?

Edited by Khan

• Administrator

Holy crap! What a video!!!  So fucking brilliant!  Loved, loved, loved all those references to what people have said negatively about her, stuff that happened in the past, and of course all the old Taylors.  I'll try to collect all references I can find.  

• Members

She just created another video that will take her beyond a billion views, I think. 

My favorite part was all the old Taylors. The snake serving tea (and I hate snakes). Here lies Taylor's reputation. The "shut up!" 

It's brilliant marketing taking all the stuff people say about her and using it to make coins. Clearly, it bothers her, but she'll make dozens of millions from it, so that should help. She's got EVERYONE in the world talking about her with this song and video. 

I do hope we don't see yet another 'experimental' album later this year though.

ETA: I watched the video, refreshed, and the view count went up by half a million. Insane.

Edited by YRBB

• Administrator

39 million views in 24 hours.  Took down Adele's vevo record, took down Psy's Youtube Record, and there's a chance it took down Youtube's own Youtube record.  The video possibly hit 40 million.  We'll know the results when Youtube releases the stats.   Insanity.

• Administrator

That was really good!  The chorus was sped up and the interpolation of "I'm Too Sexy" was replaced by Toxic's beats - that helped a lot because the chorus in "Look" is the biggest problem.   Both videos were directed by Joseph Kahn so that was a nice tie-in.   I only wish the video was in full size instead of the small phone screen.