The Taylor Swift Thread

• Administrator

Blank Space is one of my favourites so I'm glad she chose to submit that.  It's not like she was going to submit Wildest Dreams or Bad Blood and she totally gave up on Style from the very beginning.  So choosing her biggest smash hit was the better choice, and with the nominations, was proven correct. 

In the pop categories, I think Kelly Clarkson has a great chance because she's already Best Pop Vocal Album twice.  But if Taylor lost in that category, I wouldn't mind it going to Kelly because I thought her album was really good and it has a lot of great songs on it. 

Edited by Toups

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Her career is doing okay, I guess.  She was touring but had to cancel due to some vocal issues.  I don't think she's releasing the right songs.  Heartbeat Song was a good choice to start but Invincible isn't that great and Piece By Piece was okay.  The best song on the album, and my favourite, is Someone. Such a fantastic song produced by Greg Kurstin.  Let Your Tears Fall and In The Blue are really good too.  Alright, that's enough of Kelly Clarkson talk.  This is a Taylor thread. :)  Though if you want to continue this Kelly discussion, you could make an official thread since there isn't any.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wonder if she's going to do a music video with scenes from her tour, like she's done the last three tours, or if the documentary on Apple Music is it for that (I wonder why she didn't have a Red Tour movie? Fearless and Speak Now had them.).

ETA: I don't mean a music video with concert scenes for OFTW--I know she shot the video for that song in New Zealand. I'm just wondering if she'll set another song of hers to scenes from her concerts.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

#2??!!  I'd be happy with top 5! LOL  It's going to need a big first week on Vevo to get into the top 5.  The sales aren't going to be there because it was already a promotional single, and people have the album.  And I don't see it getting as much radio play as Blank Space or Shake It Off.   Top 5 will be amazing for a 6th single. 

Mary J. Blige posted the "Doubt" performance!  I love this song.  

Edited by Toups

• Members

IMHO, it's fairly generic. The metaphors are a little too on-the-nose. Gosh, darn, it sure is pretty though.

My favorite parts are the epitaphs and the "spiky ice fingers." I do truly like the Idea of the song.