Y&R should recast Kay with Brenda Dickson

• Members

I got to thinking about how Jill Foster transformed from nice girl to bitch as a result of Katherine's torture after the death of Phillip. Brenda Dickson was good at presenting Jill as battle-hardened and very self-protective in a manner quite similiar to Cooper's take on Kay. By 1987, Jill had morphed into a 30something Katherine minus the booze and crow's feet.

At 64, Dickson could do an amazing job playing Kay. I know this sounds far out given the age difference but there have been similiar examples of suspended disbelief when it comes to age such as Maura West as Diane or even PB playing Ellen Staurt on ATWT years ago.

Jill was always destines by Bell to be the next Kay and I will love to see battles between Brenda and Jess Walton.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she weren't nuts another soap would've hired her. She was very popular and a great talent. I could see her on B&B as Beth Logan, even with her past drama. The problem is when she resurfaced she did so in such a negative way and has continued to do that, so nobody will touch her.

• Members

What they need to do is give Jill her Jill...LOL. Go full circle with her.

The time is now to create story. Bring on a man and have her help him financially over the next 2-3 years. Make him a great success then merge Chancellor with his company...then have him fall in love with someone else. (Chloe perhaps?)

They actually could have told this story well with Jill and Yolanda. Had Jill fall for Tucker and invest in him emotionally with his relationship with Katherine. Had them totally in love having fought so hard to be together. Then had Yolanda show up and given her a back story with Tucker that wasn't seedy. Had them have been in love and torn apart by circumstance. Had Tucker leave Jill for Yolanda...And there is the foundation right there. Actually they can still tell it with those two characters.

Archived