AMC: Wednesday June 12, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

If AMC is showing things in a preview and then they are cut, that is a major editing problem. It is extremely frustrating, I have no problem if something is spoiled in a text preview and doesn't happen, but when it is shown in video it makes them looks like they are doing a poor job.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+27

Pratt's era alone was worse compared to what we've seen so far on this show and Tad's stuff was under The Writer!

LOL I remember her coming out of the room wiping her mouth for Pete's sake! The Puritan Brigade needs to get a grip.

• Members

That was really, really good.

As happy as I am for OLTL to be firing on all cylinders again, these shows are still neck and neck IMO. The location work for this ep was absolutely gorgeous - I've never seen anything that cinematic on an American daytime soap. And yeah, Michael Nader's had some rough years but he looked alright for his age and I just love Dimitri - I feel warm just having him around. That stuff was so wonderful and I was so, so glad he mentioned Edmund up front and he and Brooke shared that beat together. I can hardly blame Sam and Maddie for not wanting to come back to Wildwind and face that history. This story is finally cracking open and I am so thrilled about it.

Also nice: They gave us time with unlikely groupings like J.R., A.J. and Cara just sharing space around the Chandler mansion. Nice little scenes, family, hearth, etc. but also informing several plotlines at once. J.R.'s struggle with his lesser nature is riveting because you can tell from Ryan Bittle's performance that while he's trying to be good, there is something behind his eyes that can still be very, very dangerous. He's a lot scarier than Jacob Young ever was - as an adult performer, Jacob has always veered wildly between naif and sneering ham; he was never much of an actor but he got by on charisma and force of decibles, and it mostly worked for him, though better writing would probably have helped a lot. With Ryan Bittle I can actually sense that J.R. is very smart, very cunning - I honestly can't tell if he remembers what happened five years ago or not, or if the idea that he will eventually, undoubtedly have Cara over a barrel has yet occurred to him. I believe he wants to do right, I believe he is struggling with his duality of self, but I don't know what I can believe beyond that. And so Bittle's J.R. is fascinating to watch.

Since he came back from the dead, Black Paragon of America Jesse Hubbard has basically turned into J.J. from Good Times in a way - every good thing that comes along, Jesse is there to [!@#$%^&*] it up for life. It's truly astounding. His frame-up on Zach is a brilliant little twist, reminds me of an Edge of Night plotline in some strange way, but Darnell Williams's performance is just hilarious - in a good way - as Jesse twists himself into knots over this stupid, stupid thing he's doing. He's cruising for a big, big fall, and I love it. What's next for Jesse? How can he possibly [!@#$%^&*] up worse? [!@#$%^&*] Colby himself? Finally cheat on Angie with Randi like Chuck Pratt always wanted? It's hilarious, but it's also great soap.

Zach and Lea have chemistry. The writing is not quite there everyday. Paula Garces is iffy. Same old story. I dunno how this is going to pan out. I am glad Kendall and the boys got name-checked.

The Pete/Colby scene was very, very hot. Still not sure on Brooke Newton, but she did her job well in those scenes. I'm not sure Colby should've been so shocked re: his bod though - geeky Petey as played by Daniel Kennedy had quite a tight little body as well under his pocket protector, and I can't remember whether or not Brianne Moncrief's Colby was ever taken aback by it.

All in all, another wonderful week for AMC. I'm just glad OLTL has caught up with the adrenaline. And I am so glad Cassandra is home.

No previews for AMC was just cruel, BTW.

• Members

Chuckie "Evil Doll" Pratt with his stupid writing and I am sure that Jesse will survive and the Hubbard family will carry on in their magnificent ways. I don't see such a big fall. Darnell's performances are not hilarious, they are brilliant.

• Members

I haven't watched AMC yet this week (I'm a weekend online watcher), but I've been reading about the Pete/Colby scene. Sounds like one of the most realistic things on a soap in years, lol. Give me that over a rapist/victim "romance" any day of the week.

• Members

That Pete/Colby scene was so realistic... gotta admit, I am loving the couple. I actually like trashy Colby. I love that she a full figured woman, in control of her sexuality. That is a true Chandler and... well, Colby. She definilty takes after her Mimi.

It is great seeing Dimitri again. I actually loved the introducting scene, it was a great recap of their history. Of course Brooke is in better touch with Sam and Maddie, she is after all the executor to Edmund's estate and at one-time the closest thing the kids had to a mother. Dimitri was never close the kids.. he was the recluse Count who just happened to be their Uncle.

I hope Sam and Maddie come home some day. I think there is much left to their story. They should be around Colby and Pete's age nowadays.

Archived